Recent content by Muse

  1. Muse

    TKR Update on Slower Recovery

    Mar, sorry about the issues you're having. I've been walking without cane or Walker for probably about 4 weeks now, and even with occasional buckling, I am no longer worried about balance. It's almost like I do a quick curtsy and then just keep going. Hope you feel better soon.
  2. Muse

    TKR RTKR April 16, 2021

    Dear universe, you may stop now. In addition to continued recovery from the knee replacement, I have now developed Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo, not a huge deal, but annoying, And yesterday I jammed my toe in a chair (barefoot) and am quite certain it is broken. Same side as new knee. I...
  3. Muse

    TKR RTKR April 16, 2021

    My own recovery has taken a back seat since last Saturday, when I received a call from my 91 year old dad's neighbor that he fell and was in the hospital with a broken arm and the inevitable scrapes and bruises. He lives in Germany. I was on a plane on Sunday, arriving Monday and going straight...
  4. Muse

    TKR RTKR April 16, 2021

    Another update at just over 3 1/2 weeks. PT going well, ROM was 126 on Monday, swelling is not as pronounced as it was at the beginning. Was able to drive my own car (manual transmission) yesterday without a problem. Going back to work has also not been a problem, especially since I carry...
  5. Muse

    TKR RTKR April 16, 2021

    Here's my update on the 3 week anniversary of my first ever TKR. In the past 2 weeks I have graduated from walker to cane to nothing, and I feel great and am walking so much better than before the surgery (I had a significant knock-knee from the bone on bone.) I am also able to drive, at least...
  6. Muse

    TKR RTKR April 16, 2021

    Yes, for future we will know to avoid this hospital. We only moved here (Florida) about a year ago and still learning our way around. My husband was with me, but we didn't even see anyone to complain to. At least I wasn't put out in the hallway like another patient, whose wife was sitting...
  7. Muse

    TKR RTKR April 16, 2021

    I'm in Florida, and yes, that hospital is going to hear from me and my doctors. I have since seen that many people have similar complaints about this specific hospital. ROM currently continues to improve, and ortho very happy with me, but, that being said, he did indicated that as scar tissue...
  8. Muse

    TKR RTKR April 16, 2021

    So sorry to hear about your nightmare! How are you feeling now? For me, the headaches have subsided some, but not completely. As you said, the knee seemed secondary for the first week and its pain very manageable. Glad to be on the other side of the anesthesia and other side effects.
  9. Muse

    TKR RTKR April 16, 2021

    How did it go for you? I got my staples out yesterday (first time I saw "under the hood".) Doctor is very pleased with my progress, ROM great, continuing PT twice a week and hope to get stronger day by day. And you bet that hospital is going to hear from me (and very likely also from my PCP...
  10. Muse

    Knee Scars - Post Your Badges of Honor Here! NO CHIT-CHAT please

    11 days post-op, staples removed
  11. Muse

    TKR Aftercare issues

    I'm in Florida. They used a special extended numbing agent that stayed in my system for 4 days in addition to prescription pain killers. That made the pain tolerable. My surgeon told me later that one of the reasons they stopped using home health care is that they were too unreliable. In...
  12. Muse

    TKR Aftercare issues

    My TKR was the same date as yours, April 16th. It is mind-boggling how many mistakes like this happen. My surgery was outpatient, so I went home the same day. In my discharge papers it stated that I would get a call from Home Health and they would start in-home PT. Turns out my surgeon, who is...
  13. Muse

    TKR RTKR April 16, 2021

    Thank you Jaycey, The hospital only did a CT scan, no x-rays. Headaches are thankfully gone now and were likely caused by the epidural I had. I am feeling much better now. Sigrun
  14. Muse

    TKR RTKR April 16, 2021

    I had outpatient TKR on 4/16/21, after 3 years of living with knee pain. The first night was uneventful, managed to sleep, stayed on top of th e pain. Day 2 I decided that a TKR wasn't enough to deal with — after getting up from the table I felt dizzy. When I thought I had steadied myself I took...
Back
Top Bottom