Recent content by Muscleflex

  1. Muscleflex

    Revised PKR to TKR 4+ Months and on the Decline

    I did practice my heel to toe walking while walk out of work today (after reading the posts here). I thought I was actually doing pretty good, only for someone in the hall to ask why I was hobbling so much! I will continue to work on it though and the shopping cart idea is good too - although...
  2. Muscleflex

    Revised PKR to TKR 4+ Months and on the Decline

    thanks for all the concern! I agree, being at work and all the walking is definitely making things worse. unfortunately we have a really stupid rule that you have to work 20 straight shifts to "earn" your sick time when you come back from being sick. I can only work monday to friday and has...
  3. Muscleflex

    Revised PKR to TKR 4+ Months and on the Decline

    thanks for the quick and detailed response! I will try the heal toe walking and see how that goes. I have scaled back on all the exercises since I've started back at work - so really the walking is all I'm doing at this point. unfortunately I can't see my doctor any sooner as I am not allowed...
  4. Muscleflex

    Revised PKR to TKR 4+ Months and on the Decline

    I've posted in the past here about my bilateral patellafemoral surgery, but I think this is my first post since my TKR. Had my right knee TKR November 30th and have had a rough time since then. Did physio for a couple months, but wasn't helping/progressing so I stopped, but continued to do the...
  5. Muscleflex

    4 Month TKR Issue

    you'd be better strengthening the knee than just putting on a sleeve...are you doing any kind of strength training??
  6. Muscleflex

    TKR Double TKR?

    I just had a bilateral PKR in December and although it was ROUGH in those early weeks, I wouldn't do it any other way. I cannot imagine going through this year long (on average) recovery only to have start the whole process again with the other one.
  7. Muscleflex

    TKR What finally made you decide to have a knee replacement?

    I just had bilateral PKR in December (had just turned 41 at the time). I spent the last 10 years being told that a replacement is all that would help me, but that I was "far too young" for that. It took me literally a decade of seeing other doctors and trying other treatments to finally get...
  8. Muscleflex

    TKR April 12 surgery date

    look into buying a used ice machine - i bought one online cheap years ago and have used it through many surgeries...
  9. Muscleflex

    Bilateral PKR Muscleflex in recovery

    Just wanted to give an update - I'm 8 weeks PO tomorrow and went out shopping today! Was so excited that some stores started to open around here I had to get out! Used a crutch at times - then just used a shopping cart for some stability. Not sure how far I walked altogether, but it was...
  10. Muscleflex

    PKR Anyone suffer from this

    why do they have you waiting so long for your surgery? because of COVID? I'm in Canada too and had to wait a bit for my first consultation, but once I met with the surgeon he was able to schedule me for my PKR within a month. and this is at a busy teaching hospital in Toronto. do you have a...
  11. Muscleflex

    PKR How Fast Will I recover from PKR to Play Competitive Baseball?

    I have one. I thought it was ok to comment on other people's threads too though? isn't it?
  12. Muscleflex

    PKR How Fast Will I recover from PKR to Play Competitive Baseball?

    just seeing this now! that is great that your recovery was going so well at such an early stage. I'm 6 weeks out and doing well, but not near batting cage level yet (not that anything around here is open anyway). Please keep this thread updated if you can, I'm interested in your recovery as...
  13. Muscleflex

    PKR Running after a partial knee replacement

    I'm only 6 weeks from my partial, but I had my followup with my surgeon this week and asked him about any limitations (once I'm fully recovered) and he said that the only thing he would recommend staying away from is open chain leg exercises (i.e. leg extension). HE actually brought up...
  14. Muscleflex

    PKR Which knee to have partial knee replacement help please

    I had them both done in December (at the same date) - wouldn't do it any other way! (my dr. actually said he wouldn't do it any other way either). but if you have to pick one, id pick whichever is worse. is there a reason you can't do them both at once?
  15. Muscleflex

    Bilateral PKR Muscleflex in recovery

    Just wanted to update my thread - just went for my 6 week followup with my surgeon. I was a little afraid of what his reaction may be when I told him that I have done ZERO physiotherapy, but it didn't seem to faze him. He just kinda shrugged and said I could probably do my own thing and I'll...
Back
Top Bottom