Recent content by murrinholi

  1. murrinholi

    What now, I'm scared. AVN

    Thanks @Jaycey I guess that ended up as a rant - had to get it out I guess. I'm on MST and pregablin. It's not really helping if I'm honest, but I've been ignoring the pain, pretending it's not there if you like. Can't ignore it anymore - I've not been able to sit still, relax or sleep for...
  2. murrinholi

    What now, I'm scared. AVN

    Hey, I'm back again, I had a LTHR in August - I recovered amazingly well. Now my right hip is sore, the kind of twinges that I got in my left those long two years ago - I wrote it off as an injury. Now that pain is back. I've had problems with my right shoulder for over two years, I've had it...
  3. murrinholi

    AVN

    summertime I think you have to be stubborn, and also determined to get through. Because you have some days you wonder if it'll ever be okay. It will be though, it's amazing how fast time flies after the op. Good luck with your surgery, if you want to know anything relating to what happens with...
  4. murrinholi

    AVN

    summertime Yeah it was an anterior approach (down the side), I did a lot of research and managed to talk my surgeon into seeking approval for a relatively new/not commonly used technique to be added to the hospital formulae. He injected local anaesthetic into the wound before he closed. I think...
  5. murrinholi

    Should I hold out on THR surgery?

    It's almost instantaneous, you wake up and you think you're dreaming because the pain has totally gone. I still catch myself some mornings dreading getting up, the effort and strength was draining, then I remember I have a shiny new hip and I jump out of bed and into the shower. I'm four months...
  6. murrinholi

    AVN

    Everyday344041 Hi, I'm 27, I was diagnosed with bilateral Avascular necrosis of the femoral head last year, having suffered with the pain for 18 months before that, with my left hip almost collapsed at diagnosis. I struggled on for a year, taking all kinds of pain killers. Even morphine for...
  7. murrinholi

    THR Hello from the other side?

    Thanks Josephine sharonslp Poppet & LeeApril26 Seriously do not know what I would do without this forum. Thankyou. The last few weeks have past by in a whirlwind, I honestly don't know where time has gone. I had family from down South staying for a while. I am able to walk around fine now, six...
  8. murrinholi

    THR Hello from the other side?

    Thanks zauberflöte Things have been going amazingly well. HAHA at the use of your cane - I have actually been using my crutches at my parents house to herd the three large labradors and three lazy cats out of my way, especially when their laying on the floor, as if they're rugs. I have also used...
  9. murrinholi

    17 years old and getting a THR

    I am now three weeks post op, I have no pain AT all for the first time in years, I actually walked out the house to my brothers car yesterday, to put the dog in it without thinking; and without any crutches. My muscles are still a little tender, but it's nothing... I sincerely wish you all the...
  10. murrinholi

    17 years old and getting a THR

    Just recovery, 12 weeks I think. I've just had a hip replacement because of Avascular necrosis -- the 'adult form' of perthes disease. I'm almost ten years older than you, but I can honestly say its the best decision I have ever made... Have a read of my threads, or you're more than welcome to...
  11. murrinholi

    THR Hello from the other side?

    Thanks LeeApril26 & Runaround Sue cant believe how well I'm actually doing, posted a pic of my scar... Looks just like a scratch. Did you guys ever find yourself getting up and walking somewhere in your houses then realising you had forgotten your crutches? I seem to be doing that a bit, and...
  12. murrinholi

    Hippies scars - post your badges of honor here: NO CHIT-CHAT HERE PLEASE

    Found a place I could show off my scar :) - this was taken a few days after I got home, so it still has the tegaderm dressing on it. So four days post op?
  13. murrinholi

    Core Decompression 29 yrs old 3 week core decompression

    Hi Frankie214 I am 26 and just had a total hip replacement 12 days ago -- best thing I have ever done, the pain post op is NOTHING to what it was like pre op. I have bilateral avascular necrosis - originally the left hip was the worst, but now I have a shiny new one. The right can't be seen on...
  14. murrinholi

    THR Hello from the other side?

    Just thought I would drop by and give you all an update. I am now 12 days post op, I had my wound checked by a nurse at my GP practice and she was amazed by it. I am not sure of forum etiquette, but i wish I could show you, it just looks like a scratch. Its a lot smaller than I thought it would...
  15. murrinholi

    THR Hello from the other side?

    Thanks everyone, it's going really good back at home. Mum's been amazing. The staff on the ward I think were initially shocked at how quickly I wanted to get up - and how quickly I progressed. Apparently its usual that it is the physiotherapist that gets a patient out of bed post hip...
Back
Top Bottom