Recent content by muggsymoo

  1. M

    THR Very Ready

    RTHR is tomorrow, all ready so getting this ready too. My computer is desktop so can't fill in more till I'm back home, probably Friday. Expect all to go well, want it over!!! At the post office yesterday, talked to a man who's about 4 weeks post. He told me Walker 1 week, Cane 1 week, then...
  2. M

    One month from today I get my new hip

    @Jaycey - Can't shower either, my surgeon is old school. The waterproof bandage was addressed at the bone class yesterday - he says no. For hair, I'll wash it at the kitchen sink, or maybe go to the beauty shop here in the large apartment building I live in. Debating with myself if a pedicure...
  3. M

    One month from today I get my new hip

    @Yamhillnancy - Another thing about my surgeon - no nail polish! So I cancelled the Tuesday pedicure, I can wait a few weeks actually but don't know how I'm going to get off the polish I have on - hard to reach my toes, that's why I need pedicures!! But the hair appointment I'm keeping, just...
  4. M

    One month from today I get my new hip

    My one month is now one week. I've got all my gear and a freezer full of meals. I've had some of my pre-tests and have the last one tomorrow along with regular doctor visit. Yesterday I had the bone surgery class and learned my doctor won't allow full bathing till staples are out - that's 2...
  5. M

    Trying to be ready!

    @Nana2-8, I'm in Racine, so not far from you. I got a couple muumuu-type dresses from National, now I wonder if I'll need them. Also some "old-lady" panties with flare legs. But I think I'll do as well in elastic waist pull-on pants and a t-shirt. The dresses are pretty but not really "me"...
  6. M

    Trying to be ready!

    @Nana2-8 Happy to see another Badger here, and you spelled Wisconsin right! In my case, once surgery was set (May 11) they called me to make all appointments for tests, and for the clinic before. For me, that's all to be done in the 2 weeks pre. And the post-surgery appt to get the staples...
  7. M

    THR All went well so far<

    My surgeon told me I may end up with one leg shorter, this can happen when you're a short person which I am at 5"1", so you have a limp. A lift in my shoe will be a fair trade-off for a hip that works!
  8. M

    Getting a walker

    My RTHR is May 11. I'll use the walker I got when I had RTKR in 2010. I will come right home this time, but for the knee I went to a rehab place for 2 weeks. I asked them to order a walker for me, they took care of ordering and Medicare paid. It's a good quality Drive folding walker. So ask...
  9. M

    One month from today I get my new hip

    Thanks, yamhillnancy! Not experienced with hip, but all say easier than knee which I had in 2010. Hope that's true. Anyway, just want it done!
  10. M

    One month from today I get my new hip

    Thanks, Squirrellymom, for the good wishes, I want my recovery to be just like yours! I'm wondering about a shower chair, I'll wait till my pre-op meeting to decide if I need it and order one then if I do. Same for getting a cane. When I had my knee done 6 years ago my doctor (different from...
  11. M

    Undies after hip replacement

    I bought some flare-leg panties for post-op. My mother used to wear them, she had a brace on her leg after a stroke and they were easy to get on. On the site I bought them, several people say they wear them to sleep in, with a tee, I'll probably do that too. My surgery is 4 weeks from today.
  12. M

    One month from today I get my new hip

    Thanks for your replies.....I'm reading everything on the site and many other places. Those who've been there are the best to learn from! Whoever brings me home will stay for a while, but my neighbor, right across the hall, is wonderful and very willing to help.
  13. M

    One month from today I get my new hip

    May 11 is the date for RTHR. I already have a knee replacement on that leg in 2010. The surgeon who did the knee has left the practice, too bad, I loved him. So I have his partner who is an excellent surgeon but has no bedside manner. The nurse told me, get your questions in fast! He walked...
  14. M

    2016 May Marvels - Are you having hip surgery in May?

    Hi..On May 11 I have a RTHR. I had TKR in that leg 6 years ago, so now I'll have a complete fake leg!
Back
Top Bottom