Recent content by Muffikins

  1. Muffikins

    Found this wonderful website!

    Hi miscverb... have been told by my dentist, hygienist & consultant - that the fastest & most likely route (root ??? hahaha!) is via dental problems; more bacteria than anywhere else in the body reside in the mouth & well-cared for teeth & especially gums (ie: that do not bleed when brushed) is...
  2. Muffikins

    Found this wonderful website!

    Anti-sickness tabs of course !!! No ants in them at all !!!:rotfl:
  3. Muffikins

    Found this wonderful website!

    Oh God thankyou Elaine - esp for the hugs; yes I think & feel just like you did - esp re the infection bit. And have no idea how I will manage once home & alone with a sick cat who won't eat. He's 'crashing' again today & cannot get him to eat. I know the signs now & so have put him on...
  4. Muffikins

    Found this wonderful website!

    Thank you Apricot - I hope so; but am stressing like mad all the time now & find it hard to calm down.
  5. Muffikins

    comfy shoes

    Hmmm... just as I thought then Apricot; clearly I'll have to go down the non-matching shoes route then !! hahaha ! Just like others on here, I go barefoot at home at this time of year, so it's just the time in hospital that I'll look odd (well, more odd than usual, that is !) Has the swelling...
  6. Muffikins

    comfy shoes

    I have been told to wear larger than my usual size flat slip-on shoes with a back; luckily I have a pair of too big shoes that I don't like & I forgot to return. Aparently the operated-on leg & foot swell. The only thing I see wrong with this idea, is that surely the good foot won't swell &...
  7. Muffikins

    Found this wonderful website!

    Ahh - I wondered when I saw your lovely donkeys - how wonderful !
  8. Muffikins

    Found this wonderful website!

    Thank you Jaycey - have got my head round the financial committment now, so have stopped umming & ahing about this aspect. I'm a huge fan of the NHS & in particular the Royal Surrey County Hospital (as you will have read), but could not have coped if I had gone down this route & booked the...
  9. Muffikins

    Found this wonderful website!

    And my first date was to be the 26th July, but I then panicked when I realised I'd only 3 weeks to do everything in, so moved it to 2/8. How funny - we could have got the nurses to wheel us to that little space in between the hospitals !!! I'm paying for mine out of my retirement savings; I...
  10. Muffikins

    Found this wonderful website!

    Thank you Mojo333 :yes:
  11. Muffikins

    A question for the ladies!

    Are you going in to The Royal Surrey ?? If so they will look after you & give you good care. I have had loads of ops & proceedures there over the years. I love this hospital. And you can take your devices with you. And you'll get a very attractive gown to wear on the day & until you're...
  12. Muffikins

    Found this wonderful website!

    Thank you Jaycey - I'm sure you're right about that ! And this place seems so far to be the best place for advice & help - you are all so knowledgeable & helpful - all I'm missing is the hugs !!!:friends:Oh yes - and the constant shove in the right direction & to keep me on track !:) :-) (:
  13. Muffikins

    Found this wonderful website!

    So sorry Jaycey - am very green with all this forum stuff - have never joined any forum anywhere before ! And still not sure I understand the protocol, but just saw your comments & went into panic mode ! Actually I am in panic mode all day every day at the mo... Thank you for replying - am...
  14. Muffikins

    Referral time from GP UK

    Hi Jacey...OK - so now I'm SERIOUSLY worried re the surgeon with whom I have booked; Mr Guy Paremain. I paid to see him privately at the Nuffield for speed of appointment & becasue he also works next door at the Royal Surrey County Hospital, wher I am a patient for a huge number of other...
  15. Muffikins

    Found this wonderful website!

    Oh yes - forgot to say - I'm really worried about infection; am already paranoid about bacteria, as in a previous very distant 'life', I used to sell bactericides to hospitals & the like. So am off to the dentist this afternoon to make sure he x-rays everything & confirms no bacteria in sight...
Back
Top Bottom