Recent content by Ms.fixit

  1. Ms.fixit

    TKR Am not dead!

    Gee that doesn't sound too bad! This is what my Moms OS told me about..he does revisions, and I really like him..so perhaps I will pursue this further.
  2. Ms.fixit

    TKR Am not dead!

    Hi Pumpkin! I can certainly be happy with what I have, it's just that it's difficult to fold myself into certain spaces, and when I hit the end point of flexion, its painful( I feel the restriction across the top of the knee just above the kneecap, btw, a very specific band of tissue). If I had...
  3. Ms.fixit

    TKR Am not dead!

    How do everyone!! Long time, I know. I thought I would check in with a progress report and a question for Jo or anyone wanting to weigh in. I am 18 months out from my RTKR and basically, I am very very happy with my new knee..it walks like a champ and I almost never have any discomfort. I am...
  4. Ms.fixit

    TKR Am not dead!

    Thanks, Mary..that sounds reasonable. I was one of the people who refused MUA multiple times, and I do not regret it at all, it was bad enough without that mess, but I do have slightly less ROM than many patients at my stage of recovery..and of course more than some others. I'm happy to give it...
  5. Ms.fixit

    TKR Am not dead!

    HELLO!!! I haven;'t been on in ages, mostly because I couldn't get my password re-set, but tonight it worked. I am at the 13 month mark, post RTKR, so I thought I'd post a progress report ,in hopes of hearing from some other BoneSmarties who can comment on their own long term recovery...
  6. Ms.fixit

    TKR Need Help and Encouragement, please...

    Hello, BEG! I am so very sorry that you've had the devastating loss of your kitty, and so soon after your husband passed. So many things have happened to you all at once..please be gentle with yourself and try not to fret about your knee. It really is going to be fine, it just takes forever...
  7. Ms.fixit

    TKR Recovering from TKR

    Hey Laura! Thanks for your update..it really helps when those of us who had surgery some time back, continue to check in..this is such a long process. I just finished month 9 and I also still have internal swelling, which will increase or decrease ,depending on activity levels. I find that if...
  8. Ms.fixit

    TKR 9 weeks post-op from minimally invasive TKR and this is not what I expected

    You are completely normal! I am a slow healer as well, compared to a lot of the people here and I absolutely freaked when I started to get nerve pain as I came off the worst of the swelling and began to take walks. Josephine brought me back to earth( thanks Jo!). Now, I realize that just...
  9. Ms.fixit

    TKR Am not dead!

    Aaaaand...now I have to slow way down again! I took a fabulous walk 4 days ago and didn't wear terribly supportive shoes..I wore my Merrill "barefoot" shoes. Felt great at the time..about 1&1/2 miles up a steep hill and back down again. But! Should have worn more cushioning and support...
  10. Ms.fixit

    TKR Am I on the right track?

    Balance does take time, and it's early for you. Also, the tendons and ligaments are still"loose" from being messed with in surgery. They will tighten up in the coming months and the joint will feel much more stable and secure.
  11. Ms.fixit

    TKR 6 weeks out Still painfull

    Tashia, is right on the money( as always! :) ) I don't think any of us think it will take us as long to heal as it takes "everyone else", but that's because our healing is not affected by our determination, attitude or general pluckiness...It pokes along at it's own biological pace because it...
  12. Ms.fixit

    TKR Am not dead!

    Hey there everyone..checking in at seven months. Finally, my nerve pain is almost gone and so are the traveling aches and pains. I'm really happy with how things are turning out..and anyone who read my posts at the beginning knows this is a big change! I refused an MUA several times early in my...
  13. Ms.fixit

    TKR Am not dead!

    Hey there everyone..checking in at seven months. Finally, my nerve pain is almost gone and so are the traveling aches and pains. I'm really happy with how things are turning out..and anyone who read my posts at the beginning knows this is a big change! I refused an MUA several times early in my...
  14. Ms.fixit

    TKR 6 weeks out Still painfull

    You sound like you're pretty normal in this area. I was on heavy meds for at least 8 weeks, after which I took about another ten days to taper off of them and went to OTC stuff. I know a lot of others on the site need their meds for p to four months.
  15. Ms.fixit

    TKR Need Help and Encouragement, please...

    You're doing fine!! Just relax and keep on living your life and the knee will bend more and more. I had my knee done 7 months ago (and refused MUA multiple times). I took myself out of PT at 6 weeks because they were brutal( I fainted dead away from pain on the table) and the whole process was...
Back
Top Bottom