Recent content by MrsHawk

  1. MrsHawk

    TKR MrsHawk

    My surgery was Oct 12th, I'm not home yet. I went to post acute care after two days in the hospital. I could not successfully go to the bathroom by myself. I can now, hopefully I'll go home this week. Sleeping at night is a struggle to find a comfortable position. I often add pillows, take away...
  2. MrsHawk

    Bilateral TKR Hard night

    Congratulations on your surgery! Welcome to the other side.
  3. MrsHawk

    TKR MrsHawk

    Today I had a break from P.T, so I took advantage to really concentrate on ice And elevate and rest! I did a few foot slides when I sat at the side of the bed. Tried to raise my legs a little higher.. I feel good and have not needed any extra pain meds... oh yeah! I can see my ankles again...
  4. MrsHawk

    TKR MrsHawk

    Well folks, I'm ready to go home from this rehab center!.... ready to blow this joint...lol. yesterday's P.T., I walked from therapy to my room! On my walker...of course, but I did it. The distance totally covers from my driveway to my front door and onto my bedroom! My fingers are crossed...
  5. MrsHawk

    TKR MrsHawk

    To day is day 7 post op! Im taking my drumroll..... I can go to and from the bathroom alone on the walker!I m one task closer to going home!
  6. MrsHawk

    TKR MrsHawk

    If the physical therapy is right... my thigh muscles are in total hibernation! I can barely lift either leg . The therapist says it's difficult due to the surgical incisions to replace the knee... another morning of therapy....im exhausted and resting... so far I don't have any of the bruising...
  7. MrsHawk

    TKR MrsHawk

    Omg! Thank you so much, Roy Gardner. My legs and feet are so swollen and sooo tight. I got thru passive after awhile, I did very little on my own... but I walked a lot further on my walker... I'm practicing the walking mechanics every time I go potty. Thank you again.
  8. MrsHawk

    TKR MrsHawk

    Congratulations on getting your staples out! Big milestone... today I had my first day of the bike pedals...ooigghhh! My legs are sooo swollen, I was frustrated. The passive I finally adjusted my mind, and then it was MY turn... I could only do 5 min.... I rest and walked as far as I could with...
  9. MrsHawk

    TKR MrsHawk

    Thank you, iloved3!... this is truly an adventure. The hospital moved,me to a rehab acute care facility. I'm thankful, I can get assistance along with my physical therapy. Today I feel a little restless... so I sat up on the side of my bed. Used my walker to get to the restroom.
  10. MrsHawk

    TKR MrsHawk

    Hello one and all! Today. This morning I feel ok.... I received my pain meds timely and slept thru the night! The hospital moved me to a rehab center for the rest of this week.... my feet are swollen, and it seems some swelling is going out of my thighs. I stood today on 3! My small...
  11. MrsHawk

    A few weeks til surgery....

    Ok thank you
  12. MrsHawk

    A few weeks til surgery....

    Hello one all! Im thru surgery and now in recovery stage... day after, I'm feeling ok,really sore and a little stiff. I'm unable to get up..for some reason my blood pressure is too low, I get dizzy. They're really good about checking on me and providing meds timely. I'll check in and update...
  13. MrsHawk

    A few weeks til surgery....

    It is the EVE of my bilateral knee replacement.... I'm excited to get the surgery over.... I'm anxious about the unknown pain I'll experience. I've done everything I can think of to prepare my home and husband.... here I go..literally BOTH knees in.... I'll post again, I don't know when.. .
  14. MrsHawk

    Having TKR October 12th 2017

    Runnergirl... we have the same surgery date... my doctor will do the spinal, I've never had it. I too am having a bit of anxiety. My best wishes for you and your recovery.
  15. MrsHawk

    A few weeks til surgery....

    With both knees, how long was your hospital stay. Were you really able to walk to and from the bathroom alone on the walker once at home? What type of equipment did they send you home with, i.e., ice machine? The other one that gently bends the knee for you? I can't remember the name..
Back
Top Bottom