Recent content by Mrs.Missed

  1. Mrs.Missed

    THR Incision Still Weeping?

    @Issa65 Oh wow, You've been through a lot. Thankfully mine is no longer leaking and the itchiness has calmed down. I'm on to scar massage by recommendation from my physio to help reduce the tightness in my scar tissue.
  2. Mrs.Missed

    THR Incision Still Weeping?

    @Arlene56 , just a thought but maybe try a warm compress instead? I was told by my PT that in the case of losening up scar tissue, that heat was a better option than cold.
  3. Mrs.Missed

    THR Incision Still Weeping?

    Hi everyone. So I have been to my second physio. Things are mostly going well. I am on week 4 now but still struggling with sleep. I spoke with my Physiotherapist about being unable to sleep on either side and we worked on some solutions such as using a body pillow and doing some scar massage...
  4. Mrs.Missed

    THR Incision Still Weeping?

    @NellBell I am a strawberry blonde so I guess that explains things. I guess it was just very unexpected. I had no idea that it was a possibility. lol I do not want to be awake next time.
  5. Mrs.Missed

    THR Incision Still Weeping?

    When will it be safe to lay on my incision side?
  6. Mrs.Missed

    THR Incision Still Weeping?

    @Josephine No discharge at all for 3 days now! Had the rest of my staples out today, and no longer need the big bandage! Yay! The itching though, for days now! Soooooooo bad!!!!!! It's maddening! Icing helps while it's on but then the itch begins again!
  7. Mrs.Missed

    THR Incision Still Weeping?

    Okay UPDATE time, I went in to see the surgeon on Wednesday, he and his nurse looked at my incision and declared it infection free. Red yes but likely the irritation from the bandages and I will say it's been soooo itchy!!!! They took out 43 of my staple and left 5 behind for another week...
  8. Mrs.Missed

    THR Incision Still Weeping?

    @sweetpea67 What did they say?? Infection? or not
  9. Mrs.Missed

    THR Incision Still Weeping?

    @Josephine Good to know it's normal....soooo sensitive
  10. Mrs.Missed

    THR Incision Still Weeping?

    On another note, I just about jumped out of my skin when one of my littles accidentally brushed his hand accross my pants over my incision. :S
  11. Mrs.Missed

    THR Incision Still Weeping?

    @Rutabaga Hmm I will ask the surgeon about that tomorrow, thanks!
  12. Mrs.Missed

    THR Incision Still Weeping?

    @Arlene56 I'm guessing I need to buy Costco sized rolls of saran wrap? LOL
  13. Mrs.Missed

    THR Incision Still Weeping?

    @Josephine lol "eat your frilly nurses cap!" Well I can say that the drainage has slowed significantly since I have not taken it for nearly two days now. Some small blood spots but less than yesterday. The redness however is still there though it has not crossed the line that the physio drew...
  14. Mrs.Missed

    THR Incision Still Weeping?

    @Cynthia777 I hope it's nothing too. I see the surgeon tomorrow morning.
Back
Top Bottom