Recent content by mrs cricklewood

  1. mrs cricklewood

    2025 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?

    Well not the update I would have liked....Got to hospital..was checked in ....saw my anaesthesist..and my surgeons off sider... marked my leg in readiness...even had taken a pre med tablet because I really was starting to freak out a bit..was told it wouldnt be long and I'd be going down to...
  2. mrs cricklewood

    2025 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?

    May 7th ..left knee replacement Im 63 .and love walking my doggy so that will be my inspiration to get back to doing that I had my right knee replaced in 2013...so yes I know what to expect...but hey is that a good thing..or a bad thing ??? hahahaha
  3. mrs cricklewood

    TKR TKRDogMom's Pre-Op Thread

    Hope all went okay ! When I had my first knee replacement 9 years ago I had a photo of my doggy ( not my husband hahaah ) on the bedside cabinet in the hosptial to give me motivation .. And I remember it took quite a few weeks afterwards to be able to walk without crutches etc ..but then one...
  4. mrs cricklewood

    TKR Aggressive PT. Again.

    the physio I saw after my first knee replacement 9 years ago , told me the same thing that much harm can be done if they are too forceful with exercises...I can assure you NO ONE would get to force my knee to bend so much that I was in agony and screaming out...like some of the horror stories I...
  5. mrs cricklewood

    TKR so glad that is over !

    thankyou Ellen....yes we are missing our beautiful boy so much..even as a baby he was never any trouble..he never chewed anything and we could leave him inside for any length of time on his own and he was always well behaved..Little Sambo is in to everything ! We never expected to be going...
  6. mrs cricklewood

    TKR so glad that is over !

    thankyou very much ....a true animal lover understands what we are going through ........:boohoo: XXX
  7. mrs cricklewood

    TKR so glad that is over !

    thankyou skidgirl .. amazing how much we can love a doggy, isn't it..... We just could not live without a dog...Please give Benny a cuddle for me ..I had a beautiful rescue dog when I was younger..Kimba..he was a corgi/samoyd !!
  8. mrs cricklewood

    TKR so glad that is over !

    Hi everyone...I haven't been on here for ages..I guess I have just been busy living my life and getting on with things..It has now been just over a year since my knee replacement..About 4 months ago I fell over down the beach when the sand washed away under me..I fell in a heap and heard popping...
  9. mrs cricklewood

    TKR so glad that is over !

    thanks Betty ! I don't think I am going to use the treadmill again in a hurry....I thought it would be good because I could walk on it while watching tv as I am putting on weight , but I hate having this stiff knee more ..! X
  10. mrs cricklewood

    TKR so glad that is over !

    the tree is not that far off the ground but he just loves sitting in it, watching the world go by ! ......that is funny that Harold gets his own private mail! hahah Lucky boy ! ... You certainly wouldn't want your doggies getting the wrong medications for sure....I am hoping that when we get...
  11. mrs cricklewood

    TKR so glad that is over !

    hi @Butterfly ....the dogs get on so well together....I was getting their food ready ..they all have different requirements and are fed seperately otherwise there is too much bowl swopping going on ! in the above photo they were all sitting watching me in the kitchen ! Winston has a fav tree...
  12. mrs cricklewood

    TKR so glad that is over !

    hi everyone out there in computer land..hope you are all doing ok..We are babysitting our pals 3 doggies while they are on holidays and they have an electric treadmill in the lounge ...so I have been watching tv and doing about an hour on the electric treadmill for the last 4 days ( with my...
  13. mrs cricklewood

    Bilateral TKR Getting Frustrated and Worried

    oops that should have said tens machine not tend !
  14. mrs cricklewood

    Bilateral TKR Getting Frustrated and Worried

    I remember a few months after my knee replacement I was feeling good and did some vacuuming...not alot, but what a bad move.The next day my knee was more swollen and stiff and hot than ever before....I had physio the day after that and went along and just burst in to tears!! Didn't do anything...
  15. mrs cricklewood

    TKR Can 65 ROM really get better without MUA after 14 weeks

    hi..interestingly my knee still feels really hot on the right hand side,( been about 4 and a half months now since my op ) and at night when I sometimes use a frozen blue freezer bag on my knee ( as opposed to my ice bag ) the right side of it melts way before the left hand side and sometimes...
Back
Top Bottom