Recent content by Mr12barbluz

  1. M

    THR Mr12barbluz has a new hip

    31 day update - Ouch It's 6:30 am on day 31. Thanks to all for your responses and for being here. This has to be the best hip replacement library on the web. I am awake because my "knee" has swelled and the pain would not allow me to sleep. Let me back up. When I woke up from the surgery, my...
  2. M

    THR Mr12barbluz has a new hip

    16 days and what do you get? Today is day 16 and I seem to be progressing just fine. It's hard to know because I have not been through this before. I have little to no pain and my pain meds are down from 8 per day on day 1 to 2 - 3 per day. I'm sure I could stop but won't. The swelling is...
  3. M

    THR Mr12barbluz has a new hip

    Ok. I am now home and that's progress. Hospitals and prisions have a lot in common. I'm pretty sure that prisons serve the better food. It has been less than 72 hours since I went under the knife. I still haven't looked at the incision but my wife tells me that I have a "big one" I think so far...
  4. M

    THR Mr12barbluz has a new hip

    Surgery went well I guess. Events that I am looking forward to are as follows: Going home ( tomorrow ) and staples coming out on Jan 22. I have already learned that the morphine machine has its drawbacks. I will give more extensive update when I get home as it is a tad difficult from mobile...
  5. M

    2 days to go on a countdown that started 2 years ago.

    Thanks to all for responding and for being here. Yes, and my gratitude to Dr Ken McKee and Dr Ignaz Philipp Semmelweis for sure. I will be reporting to room 212 (Pacific time) tomorrow morning here in Southern California. I am so glad my time is here. I have had a long time to get used to the...
  6. M

    2 days to go on a countdown that started 2 years ago.

    Tomorrow, I will call the hospital and get my surgery time for the following day ( Jan 9 ). I have a little sinus congestion. On a scale of 1-10, I would call it a 2. I think it is mostly in my head as I feel fine with no cough or sore throat. The truth is that I have been thinking, "I can't get...
  7. M

    January Jackpots 2013 - Are You Having Hip Surgery In January??

    Yes, that would me. I am scheduled for January 9th. I stumbled on to this site this morning as I thought that I was developing a cold. Silly mind playing tricks already. I am fine now. I am 63 years old 5'9 and 170 lbs. I have lost 20 pounds in the past year for two reasons, 1) to be a good...
Back
Top Bottom