Recent content by Moriah

  1. Moriah

    TKR Moriah's Leg Cramps

    Hello all, I am officially 13 weeks tomorrow. I am having trouble with ACL engaging when I do activities and since my Ortho stopped giving any sort of pain meds at 4 weeks, I am careful to not overdo it. (I have a few left for emergency). I stopped PT (wish I had done that long before). My...
  2. Moriah

    TKR My Recovery Thread - What a roller coaster! (LTKR Sept 8)

    I swell up when I try to do stairs. Just because my knee can go up and down the stairs, doesn’t mean it is good for it. I stay at one at a time stairs most of the time, maybe doing 2 or 3 of the stairs for practice. If I’m swollen I cannot make process on ROM. I know that it’s a razors edge...
  3. Moriah

    TKR Interpretation of x-ray

    I was told I have muscle weakness as well. I was given some exercises that focus on each of the muscles that are weak. Be careful though, do only a few at a time until you know if you have pain. Discomfort will appear hours later so don't over do it. I would guess that your activity...
  4. Moriah

    TKR One Year Post Surgery

    That is exactly one of the destinations I have as a goal after recovery. I love love love hiking. Good for you and thanks for the awesome pics !
  5. Moriah

    TKR My TKR post op surgery. October 15th, 2020

    Just a bit of my experience, I was never offered any additional pain meds after an initial script of oxy. I had to watch and count to see if I was going to run out over the weekend. Please be very assertive if you need more.... I was told that not many people need pain meds after 30 pills of...
  6. Moriah

    TKR 9 months post tkr

    Don't know if this would help, I have trouble with muscle spasms along the IT band which is behind the knee on the outside of the leg, sometimes up the thigh through to my hip. It spasms if I do too much, I have used the roller and also warm packs when its tight and spasming. My PT gave me...
  7. Moriah

    Knee Infection* Infection at 7 Months Post Op - Back to Crutches

    I was able to do my stationary bike all the way around this week ! 8/25 TKR
  8. Moriah

    TKR Moriah's Leg Cramps

    Just wanted to post this for others to be aware. I had tkr the end of August and was discharged with prescription for pain meds, Celebrex, Tylenol etc I began having leg cramps the first night I was home. Similar to the lactic acid leg cramps one has when exercising too hard. They would...
  9. Moriah

    TKR Moriah's Leg Cramps

    So I am now officially one week after returning home from tkr. I have had leg spasms that feel like those awful leg cramps one gets with too much exercise in my surgical leg every night since last Wednesday. Wednesday Last week my nerve block wore off which was excruciating and I had to call...
  10. Moriah

    TKR Moriah's Leg Cramps

    So my surgery was Tuesday, home Weds AM. Surgery went without a hitch and was surprisingly easy. robot assisted. I was very surprised and pleased that my knee/leg is no longer pigeon toed; toes now go parallel to the other foot. Bruising is almost unbelievably light for the surgery...
  11. Moriah

    TKR Celebrex

    @Pumpkln Thank you, that’s helpful to know, I’ve been joking with my husband that i had to detox from ibuprophen. I think it is the anti inflammatory properties that help and it’s surprising the pain I’ve felt after going off of it. I’m hoping that Celebrex has the same anti inflammatory...
  12. Moriah

    TKR Celebrex

    So surgery is on Tuesday, got my scripts in the mail and filled them. I have 30 oxy every 4-6 hours and I think it’s 40 Celebrex, one a day. Does this seem right ? Has anyone out there used Celebrex ? My PA said to stop ibuprophen a week ago and to use Tylenol instead and for some reason...
  13. Moriah

    TKR Moriah’s adventure in tkr

    Hey @Starsfan22 ! How did it go ? Sorry I have been trying to get work in a place where I don’t go in to the building until end of Oct. I missed your post that your surgery was moved up. I’m sending positive healing thoughts and some help from up above. Hope it’s as painfree as it can be...
  14. Moriah

    TKR Moriah’s adventure in tkr

    @Starsfan22 I laughed at your post, no kidding, we have something in common, my husband is not a cleaner either. I am trying to get work in a place I can take 2 weeks off (I do telehealth) and next weekend we are seriously preparing. I think your surgery is the day before mine ! Looks like...
  15. Moriah

    TKR Moriah’s adventure in tkr

    So I got a haircut and went out to dinner with my husband at an outdoor patio. I’m now officially staying in, I work from home, surgery is a week and a half away. I’ve learned that when I’m anxious I go and ride my stationary bike, it’s been getting quite the workout ! I want to take this...
Back
Top Bottom