Recent content by mopa

  1. mopa

    TKR Rehab begins!

    Thanks for your encouragement!
  2. mopa

    TKR Rehab begins!

    Yea I meant to say 4 degrees. Thanks for sharing how you got your extension. I will try that.
  3. mopa

    TKR Rehab begins!

    Hello I have not posted for awhile so thought I would let all of you know where I am. My flexion has increased to 114 but the extension seems stuck at 4 degrees. The PT team is having me concentrate on the extension but I don't seem to be making any progress. I got ambitious and started coming...
  4. mopa

    TKR Rehab begins!

    Hi Larry! I agree with you on ROM goals because it just causes stress and worry. I want the best ROM I can achieve because I am a very active person by walking ,bicycling and and doing things with my Grandkids. But I will be satisfied with what ever the outcome is in the end as long as I do the...
  5. mopa

    TKR Rehab begins!

    Thanks flsungirl for your post! I will take your advice and not let the OS or PT take me where I don't want to go. I am sorry the PT did such a horrible thing to you and hurting your already damaged knee. My home PT lady did that to me twice and I knew it was coming but made me scream in pain. I...
  6. mopa

    TKR Rehab begins!

    Hi Traceys! Don't get discouraged on your progress because everyone is different. If you are seeing a PT tell them you want to gently work the knee without pain and do many reps during the day. Pain and inflammation slows the healing process and just takes you backwards. I will look up your...
  7. mopa

    TKR Rehab begins!

    Thanks for your words of wisdom. The surgeon wants me to be moving quickly on ROM for what reason I don't know. I am thinking maybe she is just using psychology to make me work hard because she talked about MUA if I did not make good progress. I am thankful for the PT team I have whose...
  8. mopa

    PKR PKR Success - 1 yr out.

    Navy congrats on your recovery level! It gives me inspiration that there is life after TKR!
  9. mopa

    TKR Rehab begins!

    I have just finished my 4th week post op and am making good progress. In outpatient therapy my ROM is now 4-104. The strategy of my PT team is low pressure but many reps through out the day of stretches that increase ROM. It seems to be working without aggravating the knee and its healing...
  10. mopa

    TKR Rehab begins!

    Thanks for your encouragement! I love this forum.
  11. mopa

    TKR Rehab begins!

    You are right "NavyGunns I did not have a heart to heart talk I just listened to what she was saying. I didn't want to get into a debate with her at that time hoping that maybe I will progress enough the next 3 weeks. I will see her in 2 weeks and will take your advice and have that conversation...
  12. mopa

    TKR Rehab begins!

    I had my first followup with my surgeon yesterday. She is not happy with my ROM at 90 degrees and said I should at least be at 100 now. She is putting me in outpatient rehab of my choice for " intense therapy" to catch up to her expectations. She wants progress reports every week and if I don't...
  13. mopa

    TKR Rick's Recovery Thread<

    I am exactly 3 weeks post op and cannot take NSAIDS because I take coumadin for a mechanical heart valve. So I can relate to you about the swelling and bruising. My swelling has come down but is still there along with bruising. I was home the day of surgery and began PT the next day. Follow the...
  14. mopa

    TKR Rehab begins!

    I am 2 weeks post op now and see a little improvement in swelling and pain tolerance. But my ROM has slightly decreased from 84* to 70* since day after surgery. My home PT therapist is concerned and started pushing me to do more stretching and walking. I will change to outpatient PT after 2 more...
  15. mopa

    TKR Rehab begins!

    Tll That really makes sense to let the knee heal awhile before all the painful movement exercises. I did a little movement today and iced it afterwards. I have some walking but that is it for today. Thanks for your story!
Back
Top Bottom