Recent content by montanagal

  1. M

    Hip Infection* Staph Infection 2 years post THR

    OMG just when I thought I was out of the woods 1 yr post 2nd tkr. I had no idea infections could develop this way. Take care OP I hope it turns out ok.
  2. M

    TKR Recovery not going well.

    I was doing badly at 7 weeks too. I hate to even think about it and the mind mercifully forgets. It's been a year now and every month things have gotten better. Only, I feel guilty that I pushed for the surgeries earlier than I really needed but did not want to wait too long, either, simply...
  3. M

    TKR Post op LTKR pain, instability, dislocation?

    Well it seems I still have some knee pain upon waking up. I sleep on my sides most the time, pillow between knees of course, but I wonder if the leg being bent in a unfortunate way that leaves it sore. Been six months now. I'd hate to have to sleep on my back again.
  4. M

    TKR Post op LTKR pain, instability, dislocation?

    My doctor said no skiing first year so that's that. Maybe it has more to do with me personally, the way I'm built--I don't know. I haven't downhilled in decades but I was still doing XC and I would fall in weird positions that might affect the knee. It just seems like asking for bad luck. I'm...
  5. M

    TKR Post op LTKR pain, instability, dislocation?

    Went out for a half hour walk on frozen snow and dry pavement. I had to keep the Yaktrax on the whole time. Everything went fine but I feel so stiff all over, like if I fall I'll just break all over. I'd like to take some kind of yoga class to stretch but when I watch it on TV I think whoa I...
  6. M

    TKR Post op LTKR pain, instability, dislocation?

    I'm a good four months out now, lost track of the weeks. All pain is resolved, and my skin/pressure sensitivity has let up. Sciatica is gone. I can sleep comfortably on my sides. Yay. Just have that stiff/stumpy feeling in both legs. In fact I feel stiff all over if I sit for more than ten...
  7. M

    TKR Post op LTKR pain, instability, dislocation?

    I'm 15 weeks out and doing fine, just that both knees feel stiff and stumpy for some reason. The RTKR is three years old! But it seems to chime in with the other as if I'd just had a bilateral. But overall pain is low,. Also, at night my LTKR (new one) leg skin feels real sensitive. Any kind...
  8. M

    TKR Same day surgery release for 83 year old

    My town has two dedicated ortho surgery centers and I'm not sure they ever took any covid patients or whether they ever had to shut down last year. Mine still kept me overnight. I'm not sure what's going on with surgery centers - is this a trend in the States?
  9. M

    TKR Same day surgery release for 83 year old

    I've heard terrible things about Humana...but I thought Medicare was primary and was controlling. Three years ago I heard CMS was considering outpatient TKR but yet my second TKR, last August at least kept me one night. Though I had the option to leave earlier. How did Humana get in the...
  10. M

    MUA Stiffness - hard to do exercises

    Are compressions socks okay to wear long after the surgery? I couldn't wait to get rid of mine but found I rather like them because I feel like my leg swells when I'm on my feet awhile. So I started wearing them again. But every so often I'd get a sharp pain at the top of the sock and...
  11. M

    TKR Post op LTKR pain, instability, dislocation?

    So now 12 weeks out, no freak pains in a few days. I went for a 15 minute walk and could have gone longer but wasn't dressed warm enough for our Novembers here! I had forgotten already. Mainly I went out to make sure I could walk a straight line because I'm walking like a toddler around the...
  12. M

    TKR Second TKR Recovery

    I was getting that too, almost 3 years out from RTKR. The ortho PA thought it was IT band inflammation. I don't know, but when I got LTKR the problems with the other knee seemed to stop, maybe because of PT on both sides making them stronger.
  13. M

    TKR Post op LTKR pain, instability, dislocation?

    No, never have. You were up 48 hours?? Yikes. These are 4mg pills, 6 day course, and you take 6 the first day, 5 the next, etc. I hate to waste it on a sporadic pain like this. Like it got once at dinner, when I moved my calf laterally to get up from the table and WOW it hurt! It does not...
  14. M

    TKR Post op LTKR pain, instability, dislocation?

    Well today is better, no sudden pain attacks at all. I don't know why but it seems like every week it's a new freaky pain type in a different area. Just when I think I'm getting back to normal. I meant to ask, I have a course of Prednisone here for my sciatica, but it has multiple warnings...
  15. M

    TKR Post op LTKR pain, instability, dislocation?

    It's been over 11 weeks now and I thought I was doing well, felt great yesterday but took a day off from PT. But late in the day I developed a pain at the top of the fibula area, to the lower outside of the knee, and it got worse overnight and now my whole leg and left buttocks hurt. I don't...
Back
Top Bottom