Recent content by Monmac

  1. Monmac

    Bilateral TKR Out the other side of surgery!

    What a difference a week makes! 9 weeks out and I am beginning to feel normal again. Just to let you know how far I have come with my BTKR, I live in a 3 story house and from the beginning I have insisted I will not sleep downstairs, that I will go upstairs to my own bed at night, and its a...
  2. Monmac

    Bilateral TKR Out the other side of surgery!

    8 week update here from Ireland. So, I saw my os a last week and he is very pleased with my progress, happy with my walking and is happy for me to go without crutches around the house and when I feel confident enough outside. Pain meds are still in use, tramadol at night and in the morning and...
  3. Monmac

    Bilateral TKR 4 weeks post op

    Hi I'm about a week ahead of you with Bilateral tkr and like you I'm a side sleeper. I gradually go to the side and sleep with one leg down and one up! It's a tough time to get to sleep but its better to be comfortable and get some sleep than none at all. This is week 5 for me and just beginning...
  4. Monmac

    Bilateral TKR BTKR post op 4 hours<

    Hi Scooper, I had a BTKR just 4 days before you, and although I intended to sleep on my back, I end up on my side every night, I do wake up regularly, but I do manage to get some sleep as its my natural sleeping position. I don't seem to have suffered for it and firmly believe that getting a...
  5. Monmac

    Bilateral TKR What Can You Do After Your TKR or BTKR?

    Thank you all so much for sharing your 'can do' stories, its given me hope and excitement for the future which 3 weeks post BTKR surgery I desperately needed. My list of can do things to do after I recover is so much longer now!
  6. Monmac

    Bilateral TKR Out the other side of surgery!

    No, no trapeze, an electronic bed but no help, just had a walker on day 1 then straight to crutches. See the OS in mid January, told I might be taken off crutches then. Will I be independent or will I move to a walking stick (cane)?
  7. Monmac

    Bilateral TKR Out the other side of surgery!

    This is what I need to hear, so unusual here to have a BTKR, peoples reactions are strange "Are you mad?" etc! I felt I made the right choice before I had the op, I need to remind myself it was and is still the right choice. You are an inspiration Ref, thank you.
  8. Monmac

    Bilateral TKR Out the other side of surgery!

    Thanks ref, I know, I just hadn't realised how helpless I would be! Not only do I not have 2 working legs but my arms are tied up with crutches! Stupidly I hadn't thought about it before the op! Time will help!
  9. Monmac

    Bilateral TKR Out the other side of surgery!

    Hi All, So I will be 3 weeks post surgery tomorrow. My knees seem to take turns in being the 'goody and the baddie', and it is so frustrating. Very much 3 steps forward and one back. Pain is bearable with meds, nothing too heavy but very necessary at regular intervals. My pt is once a week and...
  10. Monmac

    Bilateral TKR Out the other side of surgery!

    Hi All, Thought I would update on my bilateral surgery on the 27th of November 15 in Cork Ireland. Had both knees successfully replaced and was in hospital for a week, it was rough but hopefully worth it. Surgery took about 5 hours, in recovery for 2 hours and then back to my room. Don't...
  11. Monmac

    2015 November Nimbles - Are you having knee surgery in November?

    Hi All, just to let you know I had my BTKR on Friday 27th November, still in hospital and so far so good, will be here for a few more days and so glad now I made the decision to go ahead. Staff at hospital are excellent and very helpful. PT also excellent and encouraging feel like I am achieving...
  12. Monmac

    2015 November Nimbles - Are you having knee surgery in November?

    I am having a bilateral tkr on 27th November in Ireland. Nervous but hopeful!
  13. Monmac

    Anyone in Ireland have a bilateral tkr on the same day?

    Thanks everyone! I'm lucky, my husband has booked some time off work to help and my little boy is very good and understands that mum can't run about. He's quite excited as he will have a bionic mum, but knows that I'm not going to be able to do much for a while. Reassured that getting up stairs...
  14. Monmac

    Anyone in Ireland have a bilateral tkr on the same day?

    Just another question which I hope you can advise me on, currently to help deal with the constant pain of arthritis, I am on tramadol 150mg x2, bu-Trans 10mg morphine patches, and arcoxia 240mg daily. I'm worried that the post op pain meds won't work, will they just leave me on this stuff or...
Back
Top Bottom