Recent content by mondurace

  1. M

    TKR Manipulation

    BTW, Scheduling my MUA on Thursday with my OS.
  2. M

    TKR Manipulation

    Thanks, Jockette for sending me here. I mentioned yesterday (as it is right now) that my leg- mostly knee was stiff, hard, swollen-front and back. It's been in the 40s when I try to walk (like a pirate) and my knee is cold to touch as well. Question: When my leg is elevated as for icing...
  3. M

    TKR Manipulation

    Yesterday, on the bicycle- just rocking back & forth, a physical trainer I know walked by and said, "Go on- all the way! You can do it." I couldn't. Then she suggested I stand up and then, YAYYY I DID IT. It was painful & again I cried a little bit. My posture was bad, but she said not to worry-...
  4. M

    TKR Manipulation

    Hello everyone. Had my second opinion with a revision total joints MD, (one of my orthopedic Dr's partners). Said my xrays were good, examined my leg/knee (heard the 'clicking') and was very pleased that my leg was 'straight'. However it was only at about 70 degrees. Manipulation was explained...
  5. M

    TKR Manipulation

    How about the fact that I had no idea how this TKR was going to be. Nor all these strange burning, stinging, tearing, sensations I'm constantly experiencing EACH NIGHT. Nor being constipated, insomnia. And now, nearly 4 months later, I'm told that things will not get better without MUA and...
  6. M

    TKR Manipulation

    hopalong61, Thank you for sharing your experience. It'll be about 4 months (10/16/18) from my TKR to MUA. I can't stop worrying about this procedure and although I have my husband of 50 yrs to talk to, I still feel alone. I asked my Orthopedist for a 2nd opinion, (never have before) he said I...
  7. M

    TKR Manipulation

    Thank you, everyone for such a quick response. Still learning how to use this forum- do I reply to every response I received separately or via this message? Some info: straightening is "great" dr's response. Bending is 80 degrees. No pt since dr visit-1/24/ (until after MUA) and then, pt 10 days...
  8. M

    TKR Manipulation

    Had TKR on 10/16/18, and at yesterday's orthopedic appointment was told that my knee has reached a plateau. Not progressing beyond that point. Scheduled for MUA around Feb. 12. If there's anyone who had this procedure done, (currently) please tell me of your experience?
  9. M

    TKR Manipulation

    Need help with how to use this forum. Had left total knee replacement on Oct 16, 2018, ROM is 70s, PT twice a week and still can't bend my knee. I still urinate on myself (although the bathroom is 5-7 steps from my bed) during the night- 3-4 times since surgery. Main concern now is, My left leg...
Back
Top Bottom