Recent content by momweb

  1. momweb

    Rotator Cuff Repair Momweb starts recovery

    @SaraK It's hard to believe that on March 12th I went in for the Rotator cuff surgery. Then one week later the state shut down due to COVID. Almost a year later and COVID is still around, I'm scheduled for vaccine #1 February 22nd. My rotator cuff is doing great. It's hard to believe how much...
  2. momweb

    Rotator Cuff Repair Momweb starts recovery

    @SaraK , I totally forgot it was the 9 month anniversary of our surgery. I guess that's a good thing, meaning I don't think of my shoulder very often. It's funny. Where Katie got married we were in a ballroom for 250 people and we had a whopping 17 including the bride and groom. We were...
  3. momweb

    Rotator Cuff Repair Momweb starts recovery

    @SaraK , I thought of you yesterday as well. Trying to make my daughter's wedding special was very difficult. We had 17 people, out of the 23 we were allowed. The ceremony ended up beautiful and dinner was delicious. We get to do it all over again in April. How was your son's? Today I started...
  4. momweb

    Rotator Cuff Repair SaraK - Living the Life after Rotator Cuff Surgery

    @SaraK, Just came back from my 1.5 mile dog walk. It was a cool 36 degrees but the sun is out so it wasn't too bad. The dog had lots of energy this morning so she greeted every chipmunk and squirrel on the walk. She sometimes challenges my shoulder but I also think she's helped strengthen it. I...
  5. momweb

    Rotator Cuff Repair SaraK - Living the Life after Rotator Cuff Surgery

    @SaraK 8 months have now gone by since our surgery and I was wondering how you were doing. I'm actually doing really well. I know there's a chance I'll need further surgery, but for now I'm pleased. I can do things I couldn't do before the surgery and I rarely am in pain. I have a little...
  6. momweb

    Rotator Cuff Repair Momweb starts recovery

    Hi @SaraK, Good to hear from you. I got the results of the MRI I had and saw the surgeon. Most likely there is some impingement. But, we (or at least I did) decided to wait for now. Let's see if further healing is in my future. Let's see if the pain gets worse or better with time. Most days I...
  7. momweb

    Rotator Cuff Repair SaraK - Living the Life after Rotator Cuff Surgery

    Hello my friend, Saw the ortho today and reviewed the MRI. Good news for me. No new tears, thank God! There is arthritis at the top of the acremonium along with a couple of bone spurs. After much discussion, we decided to leave things as they are. I had a cortisone injection on August 10th and...
  8. momweb

    Rotator Cuff Repair SaraK - Living the Life after Rotator Cuff Surgery

    Hello Ms. @SaraK, As I sit here in New Hampshire, I was thinking of you and wondering how things were going. I can't believe it's been 5 months since our surgery. You definitely seem to be doing better than me. I'm not horrendous but not where I want to be. I have an MRI scheduled for Thursday...
  9. momweb

    Rotator Cuff Repair Momweb starts recovery

    I haven't posted in awhile because I thought things were going slow but progressing. My surgery was March 12th so it will be 5 months on Wednesday. Today I was at the OS office to discuss progress and possibly get a cortisone injection. I seem to be stuck with the external rotation and pain in...
  10. momweb

    Rotator Cuff Repair SaraK - Living the Life after Rotator Cuff Surgery

    I had the same type of visit to my OS. The Relafen made a small difference which I didn't notice until 4 days after I finished the drug. The pain returned with a vengeance. I was doing really well even decided to finish out my last 5 visits with PT once a week. Then the night terror came. Now...
  11. momweb

    Rotator Cuff Repair SaraK - Living the Life after Rotator Cuff Surgery

    Wahoo! Wish I were in the same boat as you. I'm still using 1-2 pounds. One night a couple weeks ago I woke up with extreme pain. Not sure why. Since then I had to drop most weight and work on the ROM again. I'm scheduled with the doc for a cortisone injection on Monday. We'll see how that goes. Sue
  12. momweb

    Rotator Cuff Repair SaraK - Living the Life after Rotator Cuff Surgery

    Glad to hear all's well on the virus side. How did your visit with the surgeon go?
  13. momweb

    Rotator Cuff Repair Momweb starts recovery

    Hi there @SaraK ! You know, I get a message that says someone replied to my Bonesmart forum. But I can't access it on my phone which is strange. So, I have to wait until I get to my computer to reply, so I'm sorry if there's sometimes a delay. I don't know if the Relafen worked or not. I'm...
  14. momweb

    Rotator Cuff Repair SaraK - Living the Life after Rotator Cuff Surgery

    @SaraK Wow! This is the last thing you needed. I'm thinking of you and hoping all turns out well. My future son-in-law works at a Federal Prison. He contracted the virus early in the spring. Fortunately, no one else got it and he's now ok. Be thinking of you and keep us posted. Sue
  15. momweb

    Rotator Cuff Repair Momweb starts recovery

    Just an update, especially for @SaraK. I saw the surgeon last Tuesday. I'm still having difficulties with external rotation and my ROM is not where it should be in that area. He laid out his plan: Taken the anti-inflammatory Relefan for 10 days If no improvement call him, he'll give me a...
Back
Top Bottom