Recent content by Momto3

  1. Momto3

    TKR On the other side

    Surgery was Tues February 21st. Unfortunately a fever and diarrhea has made my recovery that much more pleasant. I believe I am over the worst of the gastrointestinal discomfort but my entire belly is sore but tender to touch on intestinal lower side. I am trying to determine if this now a...
  2. Momto3

    38 with 3 young kids, concerned about recovery period after TKR

    Roy Gardiner, that will be perfect since we have one in the garage.
  3. Momto3

    38 with 3 young kids, concerned about recovery period after TKR

    Hahahaha, he works hard but compassion isn't his strong suit. Maybe he will surprise me through this! He is really great at getting those kids moving and working just more in a drill Sargent kind of way LOL I guess I will just zone-out with my leg up and my headphones on and just let the...
  4. Momto3

    38 with 3 young kids, concerned about recovery period after TKR

    Josephine, as for my toddler, I am not sure "we" can handle that much separation but I see that I will need someone actively with me or to take him for the day time. YES, I agree, my husband does need to know all of this. He is pain sometimes but he actually agrees I deserve this surgery. I...
  5. Momto3

    38 with 3 young kids, concerned about recovery period after TKR

    Thank you and happy healing! Yes, part of this pre-opp journey is getting my mind ready to fully accept that I need to let it revolve around me. Thank you.
  6. Momto3

    38 with 3 young kids, concerned about recovery period after TKR

    Thanks Grannypie, nope not Alaska!
  7. Momto3

    38 with 3 young kids, concerned about recovery period after TKR

    Hi Ally 41, looking forward to supporting eachother through this, when is your surgery date? Mine is February 21.
  8. Momto3

    38 with 3 young kids, concerned about recovery period after TKR

    Hello, I am feeling the pressure to prepare not only mentally but physically the best I can for my TKR and recovery. I am 38 with a 9, 6, and 2 year old. On top of that, we have a German Shepherd, acreage with chickens, and use a wood stove for heat. In addition to that, my husband is not...
  9. Momto3

    50 and under...

    Thank you KarriB, I am begining to get a bigger picture of the scale of this recovery while managing a family.
  10. Momto3

    50 and under...

    Hi, I just joined, I am a fresh 38 and going in for TKR in Feb. I first broke my tibia wakeboarding when I was 19, it collapsed and rotated due to Dr neglect. I had to have it re broken due to it collapsed and rotated. Unfortunately, that surgery left me unable to bed my knee fully, and my...
  11. Momto3

    2017 February Valentines - Are you having knee surgery in February?

    Hi all, I'm having TKR on February 21st! I have been waiting a very long time for this! I am 38 but been bone on bone for 9 years now. My initial injury happening 19 years ago. I am nervous like all of you but extra worried because I have a toddler and two other kids. Wondering if anyone...
Back
Top Bottom