Recent content by momma-edie

  1. momma-edie

    Bilateral TKR Posting from the Other Side:-)

    So, last night I had the worst pain yet. At the suggestion of my anesthesiologist, I have a timer set for every four hours to remind me to ask for my pain meds. Last night I slept for four hours straight, without moving my legs at ll. When my alarm went off and I woke up my legs felt locked. I...
  2. momma-edie

    Bilateral TKR Posting from the Other Side:-)

    I will be going home where I will have Home Health PT for 3 hours a day for 7-10 days. Still surprised at how good I feel!
  3. momma-edie

    Bilateral TKR Posting from the Other Side:-)

    Well, yesterday was my surgery day. I had both knees completely replaced. I am still medicated, so please forgive me if this is a little loopy. I arrived at the hospitl at 5:15 AM, first surgery of the day. They took me back, had me strip down and change into a gown, then I had to leave a...
  4. momma-edie

    Getting Ready!

    :yahoo:So, we had a VERY productive weekend at my house! My oldest two boys finished my ramp and built a two inch platform for my recliner (my PT recommended that I raise is a couple of inches to decrease the amount of knee bend needed for sitting). They made the platform to extend beyond the...
  5. momma-edie

    BTKR-March 9th

    My boys are 21, 17, and 12 (that's my grandson in the picture with me). They are already helping in some ways...my oldest two boys are building me a ramp so that I can get in and out of my house. Steps at both entries. Since they are both very handy, I trust that it will hold me and they are...
  6. momma-edie

    BTKR-March 9th

    Thanks Celle! That article was great...my boys will, hopefully, realize and appreciate all that I do behind the scenes!
  7. momma-edie

    Single or Bilateral opinion

    I am having BTKR on March 9th...these are my reasons for choosing to go this way 1. Both of my knees are equally painful, I don't have a "good" knee. 2. One of everything (except knee replacement)-surgery, anesthesia, hospital stay, PT, rehab, etc 3. Equal rehabilitation of BOTH knees-I have...
  8. momma-edie

    BTKR-March 9th

    Thank you all for all of the support and advice. It helps to hear that it is all worth it in the end:-)
  9. momma-edie

    Need Both Knees Replaced and It scared the life out of me

    I am 43 and will be having bilateral total knee replcements done on March 9th. I have done tons of research, spoken with several people that have had both single and bilateral, and watched my 70 year old mother-in-law go through the process earlier this year. (I work in a Family Practice office...
  10. momma-edie

    BTKR-March 9th

    So, after 30+ years of knee pain, I will be having both done on March 9th, 2016. I am SO ready to get going so I can begin the healing process! I have been a care giver all of my life and am struggling more with the knowledge that I will not be able to care for those around me for a while, they...
  11. momma-edie

    2016 March Musketeers - Are you having knee surgery in March?

    I will be having bilateral total knee replacement on March 9th. Sorry to have found this site so late in the game, but it has truly helped reading posts from those on the other side. A week from now, I will be there as well! I have had knee pain since I was 12 years old and, at 43, am ready to...
Back
Top Bottom