Recent content by MobiM

  1. MobiM

    THR So many ups and downs<

    Hey, hey, everyone! I thought I’d check in to update my status and to say thanks. Firstly, I want to say that since my last post, I have been getting better slowly but surely. Obviously, there is more wrong than simply a THR recovery. I have my specialist doc still seeing me - now weekly...
  2. MobiM

    THR So many ups and downs<

    Hi everyone. I thought I’d check in. It was 18 months in March since my THR. I thought of everyone on Bone Smart today because I contacted my surgeon’s rooms regarding something that worries me: My new hip squeaks. And when I say squeaks, it’s loud enough to hear in another room. It doesn’t...
  3. MobiM

    THR So many ups and downs<

    Thanks everyone. I will keep on keeping on. After all, what other choice is there? Sending healing prayers to you @Izabel. Stay the course. Hugs to all.
  4. MobiM

    THR So many ups and downs<

    @Mojo333 Jodi, thanks for your reply. I honestly don’t think anything more can be done in terms of “fixing”. My specialist is adamant that we will get there. He believes it’s a matter of more time, balancing the SIJs and continuing with the movement/strengthening. As to seeing other docs, I...
  5. MobiM

    THR So many ups and downs<

    Well, it’s been a while since my last post. Am feeling once again discouraged. Had a flu for a few weeks some time ago. It set me right back and I since then I just can’t seem to make any headway. Am once again walking my 4000 steps as before, but there is no progress - especially when it comes...
  6. MobiM

    THR So many ups and downs<

    @Izabel it sounds like your vascular cutie is more than just a pretty face. I’m glad he found something to help you. I don’t get leg pain, but do worry about all the bulging blue veins. I never had anything like it prior to surgery , and am devastated that my once nice legs are now grotesque...
  7. MobiM

    THR So many ups and downs<

    @Izabel You said: “I saw my Surgeon on Tuesday. Pleased with knee but unhappy with my circulation system (said my legs looked unhealthy which husband and I couldn't see) so I have an appointment with a vascular neuropathy specialist tomorrow” It’s interesting that your surgeon said that. I’ve...
  8. MobiM

    THR So many ups and downs<

    Walked to the end of the driveway and back without sticks today for the first time. Still painful. But have stopped meds. My daily walking has increased to between 3.6 and 4.5K steps. My dr is a big help and always boosts my confidence. He said after so long immobile it’ll take time for me to...
  9. MobiM

    THR So many ups and downs<

    @Gidget I don’t think mine is CRPS - there are too many discrepancies between its symptoms and mine. Believe me, I’ve researched everything in the hopes of an answer. Nothing “really” fits. @Izabel we have two types of stretchers here, but both are unbearable. One is just a bit more padded than...
  10. MobiM

    THR So many ups and downs<

    @Izabel you are kind. Yes, the not knowing does get to me - it makes me question what’s real and doubt myself. But I’m a pretty stubborn, tough cookie and will push through the hardest things if I think it will get me going. This has been a horror in that respect because mind over matter just...
  11. MobiM

    THR So many ups and downs<

    @Izabel omg! I cannot believe you have endured so much! You are the first person to understand about the hard surfaces. Two days after my THR they took me down to xray and had to put me not only on the xray table, but had to slide the metal square under my lower back. I was in so much pain I was...
  12. MobiM

    THR So many ups and downs<

    Thanks ladies. No, I am far from having agoraphobia. But I do know my limitations. You see, my pain is not “just” pain, if that makes sense. It is, at it’s worst, instability in some very vital joints that can/will “pop out/in” (like rolling an ankle) and send me to the floor. Both my SIJs and a...
  13. MobiM

    THR So many ups and downs<

    @Layla, I swear you can read my mind. I just now came in to post and saw yours. Thanks for caring. To be honest, I’ve had a lot of tears and feelings of hopelessness. While I am meeting my walking goals plus more every day, I am still spending more time than not lying on the bed. I still have...
  14. MobiM

    THR So many ups and downs<

    Lol,@Mojo333 ! I remember Penelope Pitstop. My daughter has definite ideas in regard to names. So far she’s done well with a Max, a Jacob and now a Penelope. This grandchild will be my last. But five is not too shabby. @Layla , thank you! :angel: @BeBe your feedback on the Tramadol and...
  15. MobiM

    THR So many ups and downs<

    @mojo, I’m Grandma. :roseshwr:
Back
Top Bottom