Recent content by mlsread

  1. mlsread

    THR Second hip done yesterday, anterior approach.

    I believe new shoes will help. No discomfort today until I put my shoes on. They are very good shoes with a lot of support but I’ve had them for quite some time.
  2. mlsread

    THR Second hip done yesterday, anterior approach.

    Yep. I had noPT for either hip and all is good.
  3. mlsread

    THR Second hip done yesterday, anterior approach.

    @Josephine I’ve had a great recovery from my LTHR surgery 11/6. I had my right one done 1/30/201. When I walk It feels like my left leg is longer than the other. I had my 4wk follow up today and the LFNP told me that this feeling will go away eventually. From the look of my X-ray taken after...
  4. mlsread

    THR Second hip done yesterday, anterior approach.

    @Gone again Goodness, no more pain meds. Didn’t find I needed them by the end of th first week.
  5. mlsread

    THR New Hippie day 12 post op

    What did they say an out the length discrepancy at your next visit?
  6. mlsread

    THR Second hip done yesterday, anterior approach.

    Thanks all. I’m now 4 weeks post op. Things are going very well. Since I had little pain I pushed myself a bit much but all is well. I use ice when I need it and can finally get some good sleep and I still nap during the day. I’m working on my gate after waddling for so long. Some...
  7. mlsread

    THR BoyMom in recovery!

    How are things going ?
  8. mlsread

    THR Second hip done yesterday, anterior approach.

    Almost the end of 2weeks and things are going quite well. Moved onto the cane. Pain is minimal unless I’ve sat too long or sometimes walking. I get tired from doing very little but that’s expected. I’ve become bored much earlier than last time but I truly have no reason to complain. I am...
  9. mlsread

    THR Second hip done yesterday, anterior approach.

    To have no pain 3 days post-op seems really strange to me. The 5mg of oxy every 4 hrs and 1000mg of Tylenol (not 4x) can do that?
  10. mlsread

    THR Second hip done yesterday, anterior approach.

    @BoyMom yes I’m home. Set the alarms to take my meds. Gotta keep ahead of any pain. I am beyond excited. Quality of life will drastically improve. Slept pretty well. Keeping my fingers crossed that Pain is minimal. I had a lot more pain the first time around. Anyway, putting the...
  11. mlsread

    THR BoyMom in recovery!

    Good to see everyone here. I saved all those Doc from January Jaycee. Soooooo helpful. I told the PTs “No I’m not signing up for PT. The hip heals fine all on its own” yippee.
  12. mlsread

    THR Second hip done yesterday, anterior approach.

    So excited to get this done. I’ve been to the rodeo before but it’s already a different ride. Lol. Nothing to be concerned about at this point. I was here during my TRHR and this forum is a wonderful and informational place. OT has been in. I’m fully dressed. This summer I moved from our 3...
  13. mlsread

    Prepping for Surgery-have I missed anything?

    So true. I’ve had surgery. Time to get to the post side.
  14. mlsread

    Prepping for Surgery-have I missed anything?

    Thanks everyone!!!!!!!!
Back
Top Bottom