Recent content by mjkpek

  1. M

    Bilateral TKR BTKR - OCT 28 - on way to hospital

    Prayers and successful thoughts going your way. Keep us posted and let us know it was a smooth uneventful surgery. Now your recovery can begin and a better quality of like is in your future.
  2. M

    TKR 3 weeks out and going stir crazy! !!!!!!

    OK, someone explain my new phenomenon. I have not changed any habits or exercises. I woke up Monday and the muscle in my surgical calf was so tight, it felt like someone had wrapped it around a stick. I had an obvious limp, that has not been there for some time. It has not gotten better...
  3. M

    TKR 1 day post-replacement.

    Terri, I had my right knee done 7/28/14 and everyone tells me that I was lucky. I am taking my time getting the left knee done, as I didn't feel that lucky. I have read from many on here, like your's, that for what ever reasons the 2nd leg seems to go a little easier. I am glad your's seems...
  4. M

    TKR 3 weeks out and going stir crazy! !!!!!!

    Dr visit went well. He was very pleased with where I am in recovery. Then I went and said, "But what about the fact that my leg doesn't go completely flat when I lay down?" He checked and said that I had less than a 10% loss of range and he felt like that was there before surgery, but he...
  5. M

    TKR 3 weeks out and going stir crazy! !!!!!!

    So so very true, but I guess I just hate to accept it.
  6. M

    TKR 3 weeks out and going stir crazy! !!!!!!

    Thanks for all the continued support and advise. I go to the Dr today for my almost 12 week post op. My leg is better and I know it. I am stiff when I sit then stand, the spasms have stopped, still sleepless, still stiff when I sit then stand - oh already said that. But I guess that is now...
  7. M

    TKR 3 weeks out and going stir crazy! !!!!!!

    I am still having issues with muscle spasms in my knee. It is worse at night and it has reached the point where I have asked my dr to help. Sleep deprivation makes me ugly inside and out!!! He has prescribed metaxalone 800mg. It is a generic for skelaxin, a muscle relaxer. I am going to...
  8. M

    TKR 3 weeks out and going stir crazy! !!!!!!

    I have been trying very hard this week to take my knee into consideration. It does not appear that it appreciates my efforts. I have developed a click, for lack of a better explanation. I know some will say, why ask here before you ask you dr. But all of you have gone through this and if it...
  9. M

    TKR 3 weeks out and going stir crazy! !!!!!!

    I have been telling my husband that this isn't like having a baby and once you hold it you just forget everything else. I haven't held this knee yet and with this scar it isn't even cute. LOL I know I will have it done, but doubt it will be this year and I don't care that I have already met...
  10. M

    TKR 3 weeks out and going stir crazy! !!!!!!

    Thanks so much. I tend to be an over achiever and this time I fear it has bit me in the butt. I have to accept that I can't make this get better before it's time. My Dr wants me to schedule the left knee, but I just ain't ready for this again yet. I am just gonna start taking it a little...
  11. M

    TKR 3 weeks out and going stir crazy! !!!!!!

    Been a little while since I posted. I got released at four weeks from all therapy. Went back to work last Monday after 6 weeks. But I am still having a lot of stiffness after sitting and just can't get comfortable at night. How long does the stiffness last and when does sleeping get better?
  12. M

    TKR 3 weeks out and going stir crazy! !!!!!!

    Therapy was much better. ROM at target of 120 for home therapy. Graduated to a cane and just an overall good day. Therapist was really kind today. Hoping this means the worst is behind me. Again, thanks to everyone here. This forum is awesome.
  13. M

    Bilateral TKR 2½ months post-op

    I'm so sorry that things are just not where you need them. Good for you for saying it. It really is helpful to just be able to say it. Also, to have all of us to validate should help you realize your right. I agree with @ladymax, get some folks in your corner that will give you the support...
  14. M

    TKR 3 weeks out and going stir crazy! !!!!!!

    I have PT again tomorrow, we will see who comes. I am so glad I didn't let her bully me. I have my follow up with my OS next Wednesday. ..will be interesting to see what he has to say. My ROM is right at 118. I have had very little swelling and from what I read, I should be thankful. I was...
Back
Top Bottom