Recent content by missytucker

  1. M

    PKR TexasTee finally has a new knee!

    Ps. I love using vitamin e on scar. May not need it but it feels great. Also using scarsoft,,developed by a local,surgeon after his son was in a bad accident.
  2. M

    PKR TexasTee finally has a new knee!

    Teresa, so,glad you are doing well. Yes, I went on an outing on Friday, felt great on Saturday and overworked my leg. Sunday and today my quad feels like week two. Getting into bed is torture. Spoke with PT, who is amazing. She said back off, rest, ice and heat until I see her Wednesday...
  3. M

    Degenerative Disc Disease/Stenosis

    Oh my back looks similar. I could not do chiro for fear of breaking a bone. However, extensive PT in and out of water was the key along with shots to block nerve pain. I have had little back pain in over a year since my last treatment. This type of pain is relentless and depressing. I do...
  4. M

    TKR My new knee

    I have shin pain also and found massage to help the most. It hits me when I lie down to go to sleep. I will get up and walk and massage and it usually subsides. Good luck
  5. M

    TKR scheduled; now I'm second guessing the decision

    Miss Noodle, I am four weeks out Monday from RTKR. I almost backed out at the last minute. No one here will say the recovery from this surgery is easy, but already I know it is worth it. My husband commented today that my walking had both improved and increased in this short time. My knee was...
  6. M

    TKR New member

    Saw GP last week after continuing to run fever. UTI is the verdict. Third day on antibiotics and still running fever. I am so very tired all the time with zero energy. The rk is doing great. Last day of hone PT Thursday, with outpatient beginning a Wednesday. Must be diligent until then. I am...
  7. M

    PKR TexasTee finally has a new knee!

    It sounds like you are doing very well. I am impressed that you are home alone so soon. I am not very adept at carrying things yet, though improving. Saw dr today with excellent report. I appreciate the support of this group and am really trying to listen to my body. No need for PT until...
  8. M

    TKR New member

    First dr visit today. Great report ... Wound healing nicely. 115 and 0 degrees...pleased. X-rays looked great. I was encouraged by their positivity. Thanks to you guys for giving me the courage to go slowly and take one day at a time. It works:) I still run fever every day, so I guess gp...
  9. M

    TKR New member

    I feel so much better after getting all that stuff out of my system. No PT today, mostly rested and stretches. Isn't ice amazing!!
  10. M

    TKR New member

    Maggie94, thinking about you as you do your final prep. Be kind to yourself.
  11. M

    TKR New member

    The last 24 hours have been horrific. I started running a low fever 100 and vomiting about 7 pm and vomited all night and morning. Apparently picked up a stomach virus. Called dr and waited all day to get antiemetic. Last major episode and turning point about 7 last night. Have a headache...
  12. M

    TKR New member

    @kaw205 right now pain meds are hydro/Tylenol. I am taking consistently, though in the past I have been afraid to do so. I can see now that not staying on top of the pain prolonged healing. I have one kidney, so my time on Tylenol is limited. I can tolerate tramadol, so that is likely my...
  13. M

    TKR New member

    Great information spihaven. It sounds like you were in good health and fit before surgery. I have to say I have never been a fit person and worked really hard to do preop exercise recommendations, which seems to be helping. I am at 0 extension but not sure about flex number. Thanks so much...
  14. M

    TKR New member

    Thanks for the great links, skigirl! Awriterafoot, I am "behind" because the block did not wear off for thirty hours. My leg collapsed with any weight. So I could not stand until day two. I am 64 and have other health stuff, so I am trying to be kind to myself but stay motivated. Today I was...
  15. M

    TKR New member

    So glad to find this group. I had right TKR January 19, last Monday. Would love to follow other January folks. I am making slow but sure progress. I love the attitude of this group. I had to tell PT to stop yesterday after too much pressure was applied and I literally screamed. I am fairly...
Back
Top Bottom