Recent content by MissFanny

  1. MissFanny

    Ankle Ankle surgery 12/21/2023

    Hellloo! I meant to check in at 1 year post-injury/op, but time flies! It’s been 13 months and I’m back to normal. No pain, and I have resumed all normal activities including lots of walking and hiking! I feel really well. The surgery scars are minimal, but I do still have a nasty scar on my...
  2. MissFanny

    Should I have surgery??

    In my case, walking around with bone spurs and worn down hips caused other problems in my body, the worst being a painful bony growth in my heel. The gait problems and compensations can throw your whole body off. I did have pain, so the decision was easier for me. But I did not delay and felt...
  3. MissFanny

    THR bed after surgery

    I slept alone in a rented electric hospital bed (being able to raise and lower the head and foot of the bed was nice), but only because I have steep stairs to my bedroom. I got lonely and would have preferred to sleep upstairs with my husband!
  4. MissFanny

    Ankle TAR after 2 ORIFs.

    Best of luck to you! Having endured one ORIF with only a third of the hardware you got, you have my deepest empathy. Ankles are hard! I can’t imagine having to heal from 3 separate surgeries. I hope you have a full recovery!
  5. MissFanny

    Ankle Ankle surgery 12/21/2023

    Happy to hear you are coming along so well, @Annie N! I feel the same way about my hip surgeries.
  6. MissFanny

    Ankle Ankle surgery 12/21/2023

    Hello long lost friends! Just popping in to say tomorrow will be 6 months since my fall. I am doing well! I still need compression on my ankle to prevent swelling, but I have no pain or lingering numbness. I found an ankle compression sleeve that does the trick so I can wear sandals. I have...
  7. MissFanny

    THR Nini's Right THR Recovery -- January 2024

    Thank you! 4 months since surgery and all healed up! Though I do still swell if I don’t wear compression socks. That lingers for up to a year. Not sure what I am going to wear this summer with knee high compression socks. Ugh.
  8. MissFanny

    Ankle Questions about ankle fusion

    I hope the time goes fast for you! Those long waits would be hard. You are going to be in great shape and a fantastic grandparent! I have a 9-year-old grandson. Joy of my life, he keeps me on my toes!
  9. MissFanny

    THR Nini's Right THR Recovery -- January 2024

    @Nini I just went through a broken ankle recovery that left me unable to get in and out of my shower (couldn’t clear the tub). I used a foot wash basin to clean my lower body and shave my legs. I never got that restriction with my hip replacements, though! Thank goodness I didn’t have any...
  10. MissFanny

    THR Surgery scheduled for next week, have never had surgery before

    @JoeyRamone, I like your name! Oi! I did outpatient and was in the car and on my way home 5 hours after checking in both times. I know it’s not routine for you as a patient, but this is a fairly complication-free and common surgery for these surgeons. I agree with a previous poster above who...
  11. MissFanny

    Ankle Ankle surgery 12/21/2023

    @Annie N, to check the hardware, make sure there are no early signs of trouble. There are no wait times where I live—you can schedule a joint replacement and be under the knife in a month—so I won’t be causing anyone else distress in getting scheduled. The real question is will I remember in 5...
  12. MissFanny

    Ankle Ankle surgery 12/21/2023

    @benne68, thank you so much for your guidance and encouragement over the past four months. I can’t tell you how much you have helped and how important you have been to me as I recover. You are perfect as a moderator and guide for people going through trials like I have. :loveshwr:
  13. MissFanny

    Ankle Ankle surgery 12/21/2023

    Four months since surgery. I feel great! I have lost about 12 pounds in these past 4 month, which helps a lot. I have done a couple of slow hikes (with poles) on unpaved, hilly trails. My pain is gone! I am optimistic, energetic, and happy. I am still very cautious with that ankle because I...
  14. MissFanny

    THR Pre-Op: What I Did and What I Wish I Knew

    Speaking of loose clothing, I bought deep pocketed joggers. It’s amazing how much I could stuff into those pockets when I needed my hands free for the walker. We also bought bottled water, which I stuffed in my pockets.
  15. MissFanny

    THR Pre-Op: What I Did and What I Wish I Knew

    @benne68 I still use my grabber, too! I am 5’ 8.5” but I use it for things like picking trash up in the yard (corner lot!), getting those last couple socks out of the front load washer, and reaching things that are even out of reach to me!
Back
Top Bottom