Recent content by Minstrel

  1. M

    MUA MUA recommendations?

    @skigirl To read that you have enjoyed skiing for years post-TKRs is reassuring. I want that badly for myself. Please tell me more about the surgery you had to remove adhesions from your knee (2 years after your replacement surgery?). How was it determined that it was adhesions? I've...
  2. M

    MUA MUA recommendations?

    @Jamie - My turn to apologize for the late response. We were enjoying the last of our summer camping trips and then work-related responsibilities consumed my days. To be clear, the comments about scraping my knee and learning to live with my pain were made not by my surgeon, but by a...
  3. M

    MUA MUA recommendations?

    @Jamie . . . If it weren't for the pain that I feel beneath my knee cap, I would say that my recovery has been going well. The pain is not debilitating, it's more annoying. It has now been just over 9 months since my surgery and I have walked as far as 8 kms and biked about 18 kms over a 3...
  4. M

    MUA MUA recommendations?

    First of all, thank you all for your feedback. After my submission last weekend, I did return to the forum, read your responses, and contemplated long and hard what to do with your recommendations. Roy, your frank response was what I needed to hear and . . . I got quite a chuckle reading...
  5. M

    MUA MUA recommendations?

    Thank you all for your responses. It is with a heavy heart that I read your advice to slow down and even stop doing what I have been doing. Words to ponder, for sure, and I have also re-read "Drop the Work Ethic for Your Recovery". Admittedly, I am one for whom these recommendations are hard...
  6. M

    MUA MUA recommendations?

    Hi Jamie, Thanks for asking about my knee - few people do. It has been 14 weeks (Feb 12.21) since my MUA (original surgery was Oct 23.20). I still have trouble going downstairs and this is not only aggravating, it's really concerning me. Is it the soft tissue around my joint that still needs...
  7. M

    MUA MUA recommendations?

    To reply to your post, sistersinhim, my MUA was Feb 12/21, 16 weeks to the day after the initial surgery on my right knee (Oct 23/20); pre-op extension was -20; pre-op flexion was 108 Jan 21/21 (13 weeks post-op) - extension was -15; flexion was 68, but it had been as good as -9 and 76 at...
  8. M

    MUA MUA recommendations?

    So, if I'm interpreting your reply appropriately, Celle, I should not even be doing quad-strengthening exercises for 10 minutes every second day? As for ADLs, mine have included a daily walk for almost all of my adult life. How far is too far? This is my second knee replacement and I really...
  9. M

    MUA MUA recommendations?

    6 Weeks Post-MUA Check-up recently for having had an MUA 6 weeks ago. Surgeon genuinely pleased with result; me - not so much. Was "officially" measured at -12 extension and 107 flexion for a ROM of 95 degrees, which is an improvement, but not nearly as much as I was expecting (based on...
  10. M

    MUA MUA recommendations?

    Thanks for your replies. Is there a difference between adhesions and scar tissue?
  11. M

    MUA MUA recommendations?

    Approaching 16 weeks post-op with my second TKR (date of surgery was Oct 23.20). When last measured at 13 weeks, my "cold" numbers were -15 and 75 (measuring "cold" was that particular therapist's preference). At best, they have been -9 and 76, respectively and that was 5 weeks ago on Jan...
  12. M

    TKR One year later and all is well

    Unable to Register for Joint Replacement Awareness Day Despite several attempts to do so, I have been unable to register for JRAD. Have even changed my password since getting the message that my username and password were already in use. Have tried logging in first; registering as a...
  13. M

    TKR One year later and all is well

    One year+ Post-Op ---- Back to Active Though I have not contributed to this forum for quite awhile, my hope is that all those TKR patients and/or those considering the surgery, who would describe themselves as very active, may find some comfort and some encouragement by this post. Yesterday I...
  14. M

    TKR One year later and all is well

    Now 9 months post-op and wondering about sensation in my knee, walking normally, and returning to more vigorous activity Have been back at my job where I walk 3+ hours at a time for 4 months now and I have also started skating on indoor ice. It has been since August that I was officially...
  15. M

    Kneeling

    @dadman35 Have caught up with your thread again this morning and really appreciate all of the photos of your knees. You are 3 weeks ahead of me, so it is very encouraging to read about your progress. At this point in recovery, it seems there are a lot of contributors who cease to post about...
Back
Top Bottom