After much thought I think it's like what Eman85 said. I have a pretty sedentary job, and when I get home I like to be outside and work in the yard and I tend to overdo it, especially in spring. I need to get back on the bike, get up from my desk several times a day like I used to and go walk...
No, not shooting pain at all. I actually have sciatica pain on my right side from time to time, so I know what that feels like. This feels like my acetabulum hurts. When I'm seated there's no pain, but as soon as I put weight on it the pain is back.
Hi everyone,
Both hips and left knee replaced in 2017-2018. Doing pretty well all these years, but about 3 weeks ago I got up from my chair and pain in my left hip was a 10 and could barely walk. Pain felt like it was in the center of the joint (which makes little sense, I understand). Slowly...
Writing this from a hotel room. I was curious to sleep in a different bed last night, to see if a different mattress helped. It feels like I jumped off a speeding train. I'm looking for a mattress topper and using a pillow under my leg again (thanks @Thesoutherncook ).
Shoes -- great question. I have bad, flat feet. I have new Brooks running shoes and new custom orthotics. Another question for the group ... what are your recommendations about a mattress? Mine is quite firm, and I never had a problem with it until my second hip surgery. My wife doesn't...
Wow ... thanks for the replies!
So, my hips were doing pretty well until I got this knee. Now my hips are sore pretty much all of the time. The knee gets sore once in a while, but I'd say my major complaint is my hips. I have friends who've had their knees done and have no complaints. Shoot...
Hi guys! I wonder if someone can point me in the right direction. I had 3 joint replacements, not 4. The problem I'm having is that I need advice from people with hip AND knee replacements (both). I had 2 hips and 1 knee done in a little less than a year and would like to talk to you out...
It's been almost 3 weeks since my LTKR, and yes, hips are much easier! I'm doing well in physical therapy. My flexibility is really good, strength is getting there. Going back to work this week part time. LOTS of good information on this thread. Thanks to all who posted. Celle, you are...
I got my right hip on 5/9/17, left hip on 2/27/18, and will be getting my left knee done on 5/2/18. Has anyone else had a lot done in such little time? As you all know, healing is hard work. My hips are doing great and I'm looking forward to the new knee to stop the pain, but I'm a little...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.