Recent content by Mike_in_Pain

  1. Mike_in_Pain

    TKR One year check in...

    I am sorry to say that I have not been active on the forum for a long time due to life being very busy. I received the email about the financial situation of the site and I just had to stop on by and help. I can't afford a huge donation but I did what I could to help. This site helped so much...
  2. Mike_in_Pain

    Unloader knee brace

    My brace is the Breg Fusion. It is a very well made brace. The straps are adjusted with Velcro so it is difficult to get it to fit the same every time you put it on. If you start reading about the different models you will see that there are different braces depending on the severity of your...
  3. Mike_in_Pain

    Unloader knee brace

    I had an unloader knee brace. It was very expensive but my insurance paid for most of it. My portion was $85.00. The place that fit me for my brace was a place that specialized in braces and prosthetics. I could never figure out how much side pressure to put on my joint. I went back to the...
  4. Mike_in_Pain

    TKR Recovery Thread...Surgery June 16th

    Thanks Gigi! Congrats to you too! I'm very happy you are seeing improvement everyday. I too will have to have my other knee done. I don't know when the next surgery will be but I know I will have much less anxiety than I had for this surgery. I always make medical procedures out to be...
  5. Mike_in_Pain

    TKR Recovery Thread...Surgery June 16th

    I had RTKR surgery on June 16th. The surgery went very well! I was given a spinal block right before the operation. The surgeon explained that it would help greatly to reduce pain during the first 24 hours after surgery. True to my problems with pain management, the spinal block only worked...
  6. Mike_in_Pain

    RTKR June 9th...possible postpone?

    Tomorrow is the big day. The anxiety is starting to build a bit as I wait for the phone call to tell me the time of surgery. I found that reading the success stories here have helped calm me. Tonight is an NHL final hockey game which should keep my mind occupied.
  7. Mike_in_Pain

    Surgery Tomorrow!!!

    Good luck for tomorrow! I'm having my right knee done tomorrow too! I wish a speedy recovery for you!
  8. Mike_in_Pain

    RTKR June 9th...possible postpone?

    Since this happened to me with the EKG, I've had many people share the same experience. I kept telling myself that if something is wrong it couldn't be too bad because I feel great. There many other things that can cause an abnormal EKG such as medications, dehydration, etc. Thanks for all...
  9. Mike_in_Pain

    RTKR June 9th...possible postpone?

    One thing I forgot to mention. On June 3rd I had the last appointment with my surgeon before the surgery. He answered all of my questions and concerns and then he took an X-ray of my fractured foot. He said that the fracture was not completely healed but he wanted me to try and transition to...
  10. Mike_in_Pain

    2015 June Sunbeams - are you having knee surgery in June?

    Surgery date has been moved from June 9th to June 16th due to the cutting guides not being ready at the knee manufacturer.
  11. Mike_in_Pain

    RTKR June 9th...possible postpone?

    On Friday afternoon I received a call from the surgeons office. They said it was necessary to move the surgery date one week to June 16th because the knee company was behind and the custom tools were not finished being made. A few hours later they called to tell me that the EKG I had last...
  12. Mike_in_Pain

    RTKR June 9th...possible postpone?

    So as usual, my worrying was for nothing. The hospital called on Monday, 6/1 and pre-registered me for my surgery on June 9th. They wrote the order for the pre-op tests and told me to go to the hospital anytime before the day of surgery. Yesterday, 6/3, I had my final meeting with my surgeon...
  13. Mike_in_Pain

    possible shingles 10 days pre-op?

    Hopefully they will get this sorted out quickly. I too am in the process of psyching myself up for surgery on June 9th. I would hate if something came up to delay surgery now. Yesterday the hospital called me for pre-registration and to get my medical history and one of the questions they...
  14. Mike_in_Pain

    RTKR June 9th...possible postpone?

    I am 12 days away from RTKR surgery. Four of those days are weekend days and one day, June 3rd, is a final pre-op appointment with the OS. So that leaves seven days and I still have not heard from the hospital about when they want me to come in for pre-surgical testing. I called and left a...
  15. Mike_in_Pain

    ROM After TKR

    Is it only swelling that prevents full range of motion after TKR? In my mind I see the new joint which should be able to bend stop to stop. It is not like there was surgery on an existing joint that may develop scar tissue. Are there other issues that prevent full range of motion? This...
Back
Top Bottom