Recent content by microwv

  1. microwv

    THR questions about Hip replacements

    I had my left hip replaced on 2/27/23. At 2 weeks, I was still using a walker to get around. At the end of 3 weeks, I switched to using a cane. I'm now going on 6 weeks and can walk comfortably without a cane. I started driving at 3 weeks out since I was not taking any pain medications...
  2. microwv

    THR Megsmum75's Recovery

    I too am a 2023 February Valentine. My procedure was a day before yours. So far, what you have experienced seem to mirror mine. My worst night was the 2nd one. I'm on day 4 now and things are much better, so hopefully you are doing better. Hang in there!
  3. microwv

    TKR Recovery Road

    Well, it's been 6 weeks since my RTKR and I'm experiencing what a lot of us have experienced < depression / frustration>. Yes, I'm on my "pitty pot" :blackcloud:. I feel guilty watching my wife having to do all of the chores that I typically do. We don't have any options and she's OK with it...
  4. microwv

    TKR Recovery Road

    @Jennszoo - I actually never quit using pillows under my knee, since the extension is so bad. I think some of the issue is the day bed that I've been sleeping on for the last month. It's not very comfortable to sleep in. Now I know where it got it's name, because it's definitely not a night bed...
  5. microwv

    TKR Recovery Road

    @KarriB - Thanks for the link. I'm doing all of the exercises on your list. Got them from the forum. My PT also has me doing them at my sessions. I can tell they help, just going to take some time. My therapist also noticed my gait issue. She reminded me of my mom when she said to "stand up...
  6. microwv

    TKR Recovery Road

    Well, it's been 4 weeks today since my surgery. :happydance: So far, I can say that my recovery has been mostly average, based on my readings of the active threads. I definitely consider that a good thing. Sure, my ROM isn't where I'd like it to be, but it will get there. I see small...
  7. microwv

    Nerve block that you go home with??

    Glad I could contribute [emoji846]. Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
  8. microwv

    Nerve block that you go home with??

    I had also provided information in @mikebob thread as well. As mentioned, this is relatively new. For me, it worked great. My surgeon used it instead of the nerve block, which only lasts a few hours. My system lasted 4 days and I had a pain level around 2. I was also taking 1 Percocet...
  9. microwv

    Nerve block that you go home with??

    I, too had the On-Q system post-op. Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
  10. microwv

    TKR Recovery Road

    Amen to that!
  11. microwv

    TKR Recovery Road

    2 Weeks Post-Op
  12. microwv

    TKR Recovery Road

    @Celle - I'm not obsessed with measuring ROM. I'm an engineer and like I said in post #54, it gives me something to do. Guess the "cabin fever" phase is setting in [emoji846]. Fortunately for me, I can work from home, which I plan to do starting next week, just to pass some time. Sent from...
  13. microwv

    TKR Recovery Road

    @Jennszoo - Sounds like you have a full plate! Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
  14. microwv

    TKR Recovery Road

    Thanks @sistersinhim. I'm following the BoneSmart philosophy and things are good. I bought my own goniometer and plan on charting my progress for something to do [emoji846]. Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
Back
Top Bottom