Recent content by Mickimouse

  1. Mickimouse

    TKR Mickimouse’s Recovery Thread - Need Support

    Thanks everyone! I have been icing more, elevating and watching my activity for the last 3 days…..feeling a bit better!
  2. Mickimouse

    TKR Mickimouse’s Recovery Thread - Need Support

    Yes very tricky, and very depressing……I was doing so well until I tried to walk more….i was ok using my recumbent bike, but walking made the knee hurt, stiff and feels like a big bruised area…..I met with my PT today and he feels I’ve been doing too much walking …..gosh it’s going on 7 months ugh!
  3. Mickimouse

    TKR Mickimouse’s Recovery Thread - Need Support

    Thanks benne68! I did find out from my PT today that I do have a patella button but he does not think there is a problem with that my ROM today is still holding at 113 & extension -1. I made an appointment with my OS’ PA for next Tuesday, but I think everyone is right, too many steps too...
  4. Mickimouse

    TKR Mickimouse’s Recovery Thread - Need Support

    I started reading about the patella button and complications and I am worried…. I guess I better make an appointment….. I just thought I was over doing walking… now I am very concerned
  5. Mickimouse

    TKR Mickimouse’s Recovery Thread - Need Support

    :chinstroke:Don’t know
  6. Mickimouse

    TKR Mickimouse’s Recovery Thread - Need Support

    No Jamie i don’t know about the patellar button…,
  7. Mickimouse

    TKR Mickimouse’s Recovery Thread - Need Support

    Thank you for your thoughts! I have bought new shoes at surgery and just bought a new pair recently. It could be I am just pushing too hard….i am going to cut back on the steps, ice more regularly and see if the pain subside by next week….if not I will make an appointment….
  8. Mickimouse

    TKR Mickimouse’s Recovery Thread - Need Support

    Hi Friends! Again a bit concerned about the pain/soreness I am having in the area of my kneecap….i have reached out to my OS and they feel it is too soon to be worried but said I could come in for and X-ray and visit, but felt it not necessary. Let me ask this question…. I quit smoking for...
  9. Mickimouse

    TKR Mickimouse’s Recovery Thread - Need Support

    Thank you for the encouragement!!!! Have a great August!!!!
  10. Mickimouse

    TKR Mickimouse’s Recovery Thread - Need Support

    Hi Everyone! Well I am somewhat worried, my knee is still sore and bending past 112 extension still -1 still hurts. It will be 6 mos on Sunday and I can’t remember where I was at with my 1st knee….. I don’t know if I should be forcing the bend? My PT, who I only see now once a month said it...
  11. Mickimouse

    TKR Mickimouse’s Recovery Thread - Need Support

    Wedding was very nice! My knee made it!! A bit sore on Sunday but could move around! Still working on ROM…..
  12. Mickimouse

    TKR Mickimouse’s Recovery Thread - Need Support

    Thanks everyone who responded! Going to a wedding today, gonna have to control myself and yes it’s stiff still….have a good weekend everyone!!! Here in northeast Ohio we will be in a heat wave!
  13. Mickimouse

    TKR Mickimouse’s Recovery Thread - Need Support

    Hi Layla! I was just going to check in and ask about knee going on 5 months being still stiff? Does that seem par for the course? Other than that, I feel recovery is coming along… steps are still a problem and I am still hovering around 113 to 117 ROM and -1 for straightening…I am getting...
  14. Mickimouse

    TKR Mickimouse’s Recovery Thread - Need Support

    Hello all! Well it seems my IT band is very tight and hips out of whack….my chiropractor is giving me adjustments and I was given some stretches to do…. As for the tightness and numbness I still have after 3 years, it seems like I will have to live with that ☹️…. praying my new left knee does...
  15. Mickimouse

    TKR Mickimouse’s Recovery Thread - Need Support

    Thank you BoneSmart friends, I will be reaching out to my OS tomorrow….my chiropractor said the same thing that my sciatica and right knee is probably a result of compensating for the new knee…I am just so depressed that I am dealing with both knees….both that got replaced so I wouldn’t have...
Back
Top Bottom