Recent content by michelle44

  1. M

    Psoas Release

    Hi @bamagirl and @fai2thr, this Psoas really is a nuisance isn't it. I had FAI(cam) originally in both hips and also arthroscopies in both hips too. I had My LTHR in March 2011 and all was well and i had a normal recovery with no issues at all in fact i would never know i have had it done its...
  2. M

    Psoas Release

    Hello thankyou for your reply thats really kind of you. That is a good explanation of what to expect so i don't feel so fed up about it now,was expecting to be less mobile for a while but it seems thats not to be the case. Ive been put on the waiting list and hope to be having this done about...
  3. M

    Psoas Release

    Hello has anybody ever had a psoas release surgery before as I've been put on the waiting list to have this procedure done and I'm not to sure as what to expect i.e. hospital stay time, how painful it will be and how long i expect to be on crutches for. I have had all these questions rattling...
  4. M

    THR Feels unstable

    Good Morning and thank you for your replies. Josephine thanks for the welcome back, my hips are both ceramic and made by de-puy and that is all i know im afraid. My pain is in the DR2F,FR2F,HR2F. ER5B,GR5B,HR5B area, my knee also is bending inwards quite a bit and my leg feels very heavy. Hope...
  5. M

    THR Feels unstable

    Hello everyone, I have a problem with my RTHR. I have tried to make excuses and ignore it but I cant do that much longer. My right leg feels unstable in a way I find hard to explain but if I'm walking my groin and knee are very painful and I seem to loose my balance a lot. I also have thigh...
  6. M

    Class of 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 Hippies

    Hi, im a 2011 hippie and 3 months away from my LTHR's 2nd Birthday:dancy:. My new hips have been fab my real hips never felt as strong or stable. Im at the stage now when i dont think about them everyday like i used too. Alas having said that i still get lots of pain in my buttocks and thighs,my...
  7. M

    THR 2nd hip op after 11 weeks

    Re: Knee pain Hi Terriss, I'm sorry to hear you are feeling so down sometimes pain can make you feel that way. Both of my THR's have felt different and i can remember having lots of knee and back pain with my last on in october. I think you need to speak to your GP or consultant if this is...
  8. M

    THR Knee pain

    Hi just a quick update, i have had an mri on my knee and all is fine and the hip is good as well. I also had an mri of my lower spine and i have 2 prolapsed discs, probably made worse by my fall. That gives an explanation for leg weakness and numb foot, i thought i was experiencing this because...
  9. M

    Labral tears?

    Hi, i had a labral repair (may 2010) and it failed. I went on to have a THR 11 months later (March 2011) the hip is now a year old and its fab please don't loose heart its going to take time but a year from now you will be in a better place. All the very best Michelle x PS i had loads of low...
  10. M

    THR Knee pain

    Hello I've an update from my visit to OS today. He thinks i might have torn the cartilage in my knee. He was also very unhappy with the way i was standing,i can't stand straight my lower back is to sore. I am having an MRI scan on both spine and knee in the next week or so. As for the fall he is...
  11. M

    THR Knee pain

    Hi, just a quick update and question. I saw my GP today and she prescribed Naproxen 500mg 2x daily so hopefully that will help with the night pain and maybe i will get some sleep. I am also seeing my OS on Thursday in the fracture clinic so hopefully he will be able to put my mind at rest that...
  12. M

    THR Knee pain

    Thankyou for the reply Josephine,i will take your advice and call on monday as I'm getting no let up at night now. I sleep for about 4 hours and then I'm constantly in pain on the right side of my Knee. I havent been taking the para/iboprufen to the max and i will now start to do this, also i...
  13. M

    THR Knee pain

    Hello Josephine, thank you for the reply. I must admit I seem to forget I had major surgery 5 months ago. I'm a phlebotomist and work mornings only but have to service 3 wards with about an average of 20 patients on each so I'm a busy girl. I didn't get myself checked out (silly I know). I fell...
  14. M

    THR Knee pain

    Hi i have not posted for a while but sadly I'm having horrible Knee and groin pain in my latest new hip which was done on the 5th Oct. I have recently returned to work and i work in a hospital part time , I'm on my feet for 4 hours walking between patients and wards and a 15 minute walk each way...
  15. M

    October Feisties - Are You Having Surgery In October 2011?

    Hi Guys,sorry for not updating sooner my laptop has decided to go super slow so i lost patience with it , im using hubbies now. I did have a UTI and have been taking antibiotics for 7 days , i really hope that is the end of it as surgery is now only 5 days away(eek). Thank you for your well...
Back
Top Bottom