Recent content by MGS

  1. M

    TKR That didn't hurt much, honestly!!

    Ten months on from a TKR, and other than a painful episode of cellulitis, I suppose my recovery has been unremarkable. However, over the last couple of months, I've been taking a walk for about half an hour almost every day. No problems when I'm walking, but when I stop walking or even when I...
  2. M

    TKR gzuckero's Recovery - '6 months in<

    Thanks for the information and support!
  3. M

    TKR gzuckero's Recovery - '6 months in<

    I do admire you for returning to work so early in your recovery, thank goodness you're finally able to sleep. I'm retired, so at least I can rest during the day. Maybe I'll discuss my sleeping problems with my General Practitioner, though U.K. GP's are notoriously reluctant to dispense sleeping...
  4. M

    TKR gzuckero's Recovery - '6 months in<

    Thank goodness for Bonesmart!! I'm now 6 weeks post op, have a 105 deg. bend, good extension and strength (yes I know I'm lucky!), think my cellulitis has cleared up although my knee is still hot and sore with some redness, and pain has increased on both sides. Feel generally run down with no...
  5. M

    TKR gzuckero's Recovery - '6 months in<

    I now have good mobility, walking without the use of aids although the infection hasn't quite cleared up (on second round of antibiotics). But i'm still not sleeping, my knee seems to feel really uncomfortable at night, I'm aware of more discomfort and an increased 'burning' sensation. Do you...
  6. M

    TKR gzuckero's Recovery - '6 months in<

    How absolutely FAB! Where will you visit on your cruise?
  7. M

    TKR gzuckero's Recovery - '6 months in<

    Hi, yes that is cool. How are you doing? (I'm not really sure how to post a reply - hope you pick this up).x
  8. M

    TKR gzuckero's Recovery - '6 months in<

    Hi! How are you doing? Hope things are looking brighter. Thinking of you.x
  9. M

    TKR That didn't hurt much, honestly!!

    Hello again! Thanks, everyone for your support. At 18 days post op, and after 4 days of antibiotics (3 more to go) my wound has healed well, surrounding soft tissue a bit less red and hot, feels VERY tight and more painful when standing for a while, but, hey ho, tomorrow's another day (or so I'm...
  10. M

    TKR That didn't hurt much, honestly!!

    15 days post op, doing well then oh oh, knee more swollen, more painful, hot and red. Yes, you've got it - the dreaded infection! Given antibiotics by a lovely Doc. with a gorgeous Irish accent) who drew a line around the infected area and told me to take a picture of it so I can tell more...
  11. M

    TKR That didn't hurt much, honestly!!

    Just had my staples removed and for anyone who's apprehensive about this procedure it really only stung a bit. Healing well, waterproof dressing on, so let's get ready to shower, Hooray!!! :loll::yay::dancy::yes!:
  12. M

    TKR That didn't hurt much, honestly!!

    Thanks everyone! your advice really helps. x
  13. M

    TKR That didn't hurt much, honestly!!

    Thanks Pumpkin!. Just ditched the stockings - looking forward to a more comfortable night.
  14. M

    TKR gzuckero's Recovery - '6 months in<

    You poor thing! Sounds as if you are doing great. This is the time to be good to yourself and take all the help medical and otherwise that's available. I'm only 11 days post op, but I know what you mean about not sleeping. I couldn't believe how depressed I felt following hospital discharge...
  15. M

    TKR That didn't hurt much, honestly!!

    Hi everyone! I'm 11 days post op. following a left TKR. Mobilising quite well even without aids and have a 90deg. bend, so think I'm doing ok. REALLY looking forward to a shower following staple removal in 2 days. I wasn't at all nervous about the op. (had a spinal) but was totally gobsmacked...
Back
Top Bottom