Recent content by Mersada

  1. Mersada

    THR Finally On The Recovery Side

    Happy October everyone! Hope everyone is well and recovering well, as I did. Just wanted to drop in and say hello. This forum helped me big time when I was contemplating surgery and interviewing surgeons. This is where I poured out all my fears and anxiety. Everyone was so helpful. I am...
  2. Mersada

    THR Finally On The Recovery Side

    Just wanted to pop in and wish everyong a happy Easter!! This forum helped me so much with my pre-surgery anxiety, I will forever be grateful!! It's been 2 years since surgery 4/16/21 and I feel great. Still trying to increase my walking and have been rather slow at it...lol. I also added...
  3. Mersada

    THR Finally On The Recovery Side

    No I stopped my exercise and haven't been walking as much as I should. I am working on that now.
  4. Mersada

    THR Finally On The Recovery Side

    Everything has gone well. I should have been walking a little more than I have. My hip gets a little tight after walking less than a half hour. I haven't trained it well, I suppose. I am working on that now.
  5. Mersada

    THR Finally On The Recovery Side

    I am in NYC--Staten Island borough
  6. Mersada

    THR Finally On The Recovery Side

    Time flies when you're no longer in pain. Hope everyone is doing well. It's my one year hip surgery anniversary. Everything is going well. Just thought I would pop in and say hello!!
  7. Mersada

    THR Finally On The Recovery Side

    Seven month anniversary was two days ago. Better and better every day. Although, I probably should be doing more strength exercises, I'm being lazy. Hope you all are doing well. I'm forever grateful for this forum and how much it helped me get through the anxious times. Wish you all a...
  8. Mersada

    THR Finally On The Recovery Side

    Happy six month anniversary to me. Stopped pt. Still feels tight when I walk a bit. Not doing as much walking as I should perhaps. I just got a stationary bike...I just get impatient using it. Not much else new. I still feel stiff when I get up from sitting at work. Try to do my...
  9. Mersada

    THR Finally On The Recovery Side

    Thank you for your input @CricketHip its good to know it will improve with time. Yes, I’m definitely happy about this promotion. I’ve been working for the city for 11 years I was due for a promotion but it’s a waiting game with the city.
  10. Mersada

    THR Finally On The Recovery Side

    PS—stairs are better. My hip is not giving out on me when I go up but I’m still nervous from the time it gave out on me at the beginning of recovery. Doing better though still need work
  11. Mersada

    THR Finally On The Recovery Side

    @Layla. Thank you for thinking of me. Happy 4th month of recovery to me!! Feels like it was so long ago but, my hip is still tight. Doesn’t feel normal still. I’m in physical therapy twice a week. I only have 8 sessions left that my insurance will pay. Then the pt center said they would...
  12. Mersada

    THR Finally On The Recovery Side

    I asked my PT, she thinks its a good idea. I am going to go check out the gym tomorrow after pt or Tuesday. I am working from home this week.
  13. Mersada

    THR Shopping Doctors

    Nope, no one would perform anything but posterior on me due to my dysplasia of the hip. It turned out fine though. I think if you search super path you'll find some experiences with it. I consulted with a surgeon who performed super path. Supposedly faster recovery but because I had a...
  14. Mersada

    THR Finally On The Recovery Side

    I was thinking about joining a gym that has a pool for exercise. Anyone think its to early in recovery for that. I don't want to hinder my recovery. I just want to lose some of this weight.
  15. Mersada

    THR Finally On The Recovery Side

    @Yoli the vibration machine is these little pads they put around your incision area then there are wires that connect to this machine and then turn on this vibration, it doesn't hurt it tingles.
Back
Top Bottom