Recent content by Merrytaylor

  1. M

    THR Pain Meds

    Thanks, Layla. I do need to check in with my OS. I’ve been putting it off. I had 28 sessions of PT which I thought was quite a lot!
  2. M

    THR Pain Meds

    So posting again after quite some time - since March (and hope I’m putting this in the right place.) I am now 6 months from anterior left hip replacement and things are well . I still seem to get that familiar (pre-surgery) thigh pain frequently at night especially when I lie on the operated...
  3. M

    THR Pain Meds

    Thanks very much, Layla! It’s hard to believe that it’s been three months.
  4. M

    THR Trying to understand recovery from anterior hip replacement

    I’m 12 weeks since my anterior surgery on December 1st of last year. I’m walking normally and distances - about a mile. The heel to toe helped a lot in the early days.
  5. M

    THR Pain Meds

    I hope so. When I asked about this at the two week my OS said that by 6 weeks I’d be able to lift my leg. It’s 11 weeks now and I’m still lifting my leg with my hands to put on pants, shoes, socks. Assume it will resolve at some point!
  6. M

    THR Pain Meds

    I had my 8 week check with my surgeon last week and all is well. I am bothered by the fact however, that I still cannot raise my operative leg in front of me when I am sitting down to put on socks or shoes. I can just make it, with pain, to lift it onto an ottoman in front of my sofa. Other than...
  7. M

    THR On day 5 after THR, I found you. This is rough - thankful you're here.

    These responses are wonderful. It really puts things into perspective for me. Thank-you one and all!
  8. M

    THR On day 5 after THR, I found you. This is rough - thankful you're here.

    Nchiodo, I’m curious to know how it feels to be four months out. Do you have any pain at all? Can you walk without any assistance? Can you do pretty much whatever you want to do? I’m at just over 6 weeks, doing well but, still have to “help” my leg in and out of the car. I also oddly, can’t get...
  9. M

    THR On day 5 after THR, I found you. This is rough - thankful you're here.

    Ncarlson, you sound exactly like I sounded. I was totally unprepared for what was to come. No specific direction and minimizing the recovery from everyone including the surgeon and his staff. I too,had an excellent surgeon and the hospital was great. The minute I got home though, it all went...
  10. M

    THR 2Kittens' Recovery Thread

    Wow, that’s scary. I think I will wait a little longer! Thanks
  11. M

    THR 2Kittens' Recovery Thread

    I have this same question. I don’t see that it was answered - unless I missed it. Thanks
  12. M

    THR 2Kittens' Recovery Thread

    I just started driving about a week ago. Mine was my left hip December 1st. It just felt like it was time. Drove to PT today about 30 minutes away and it felt fine. My only problem is getting my semi - log leg into the car!
  13. M

    THR Pain Meds

    With or without a pillow between legs - longer than one month? Thanks
  14. M

    THR Pain Meds

    Thanks so much, Layla! What a difference two weeks makes. I feel like I’m well on my way to recovery! Happy 2021!
  15. M

    THR Pain Meds

    I want to wait until I am able to sleep on my side like I used to - either side, no pillow. That’s what gave me the most pain pre-surgery even though otherwise it was my preferred sleep position. I’ll stay on my back, for now. Happy, New Year Layla !
Back
Top Bottom