You are doing really well, I am 3 weeks post op tomorrow and like yourself I had the hippo leg/ log leg for the first two weeks. Swelling has pretty much disappeared now apart from a little round the knee area and most of the bruising has disappeared now. I find rest, elevation and the...
Physio went well and got some new exercises to do, wound check ok, just a couple of small pink areas that still need to be covered for a couple of days, but nurse says that dressing can come off completely on monday.
Virtually no pain now , just tenderness and bruising.
Couple of short walks today, plus lots of rest. Virtually no pain at all but leg looking very bruised now and a little swollen, managing my exercises well and even cooked dinner tonight for my dear wife and I. Only thing I really need help with are getting the support stockings on and off when...
@Mojo333 Thanks for your concern, yes someone will be accompanying me on my walk and it's all on level terrain. Hopefully all will be ok.
Getting out in the fresh air will be great. Just gonna have some lunch then off we go!
Good nights sleep last night, was really tired and went off to bed at 9 pm. Apart from waking up one for a bathroom visit at 2 am, I slept through to 6 am. Very little pain, just a few twinges from the post-op bruising.
Going to try a short walk around the block this morning and pick up my next...
2 good days n a row, wife and youngest son took me out for breakfast at a local cafe on Saturday morning, so good to get out of the house and managed very well with two waliking sticks. Very little pain just a little aching in the thigh area. Bruising still developing but not giving me any...
To be perfectly honest, I'm in a lot less pain than I thought I'd be after just one week and can't believe how far I've come in such a short time. Have a wound check appointment next Thursday at the hospital then first physio session the following day.
Swelling going down this morning and can move around more easily today with very little pain, today is a good day! A lot easier to do my exercises and have found that ice packs and elevation really help. I'm seeing little improvements every day.
Worst day so far painwise, not from wound area but from bruising which is developing at quite a pace now. Managing it with paracetamol and codeine, but find the nagging pain very distracting.
Thank you everyone for all your support, it really helps and rest, ice, elevate is the best treatment. Just done a wound check, ok but very bruised and lovely shades of purple, blue and yellow!
First night back in my own bed since my procedure, quite a broken nights sleep but probably got about 6 hours in total. Managing the pain and soreness quite well with paracetamol and codeine, but really wasn't prepared for how tired I am feeling. Still it's very early days and things can only...
Great nights sleep last night 8 1/2 hours. Seen by my surgeon and physio this morning, now walking with 2 sticks and can manage stairs, so going home after lunch. Great news! Now the real recovery begins. Thanks to everyone for your support and will keep you updated.
Two short walks today along hospital corridors followed by chair and bed rest and of course the all important pain meds. Medical staff very happy with my progress and may well be allowed to go home tomorrow (Saturday) afternoon / evening if all goes well. Pain and a little swelling and bruising...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.