Recent content by MeowWoofMomma

  1. M

    THR MeowWoofMomma's Recovery Thread

    @Mr.fun, I've been able to put my socks on, though it's a struggle and causes pain in the groin. I use slip-on sneakers for shoes (with elastic shoe laces). I was able to pick things up off the floor from day 1, bending from the waist with my legs straight. I can still do that, but now it causes...
  2. M

    THR MeowWoofMomma's Recovery Thread

    Hi Layla, thanks for the support! I'm at 3.5 months now, and my leg is feeling so much better. I'm walking my fur kids twice a day, about 2.5 miles total. I can navigate the hills around here now, and I've lost the penguin walk :happyfeet: I still have nearly constant pain in my thigh at a...
  3. M

    THR MeowWoofMomma's Recovery Thread

    Good for you :) It's so encouraging to know that not everyone is out hiking 6 miles a day and doing pickleball at 3 months post-op! (although I'm happy for them too) It reassures me that I'm not doing anything wrong, and my body is doing what it should, gradually healing all those traumatized...
  4. M

    THR MeowWoofMomma's Recovery Thread

    So true! It's definitely a roller coaster ride. Oh, thank you! Sometimes it does get lonely on this journey, and it's so good to know that there are others who are on the same path, walking beside you :friends:
  5. M

    THR MeowWoofMomma's Recovery Thread

    Finally received a copy of my medical records, and read through the surgical notes. Pretty interesting... An awful lot of cutting and pounding, and rotating of the leg. They even inserted and removed a "trial head and neck" to confirm sizing, before inserting the actual hardware. No wonder my...
  6. M

    THR MeowWoofMomma's Recovery Thread

    Thanks for the support Eman85. It's good to hear the real deal from folks who have been through it. I think I've been over doing it with walking the hills around my home. Even though they don't seem all that steep when I look at them, my thigh and hip seem to think otherwise! I'm going to back...
  7. M

    THR MeowWoofMomma's Recovery Thread

    Thank you for your kind words. I'm really grateful for the support and information that I've been getting from this forum. It is truly priceless. That's me for sure :)
  8. M

    THR MeowWoofMomma's Recovery Thread

    I've been practicing this over the last week, and it has definitely helped me with my gait. It's wierd how just having something to hold onto makes such a difference in my form. I sometimes have to fight hubby for the cart though :heehee: Ha, ha! Reminds me of a friend who so kindly offered to...
  9. M

    THR Doopy's Recovery

    This often happened to me during the first 5-6 weeks of recovery. e.g. I would be in the kitchen preparing a meal for 10-15 minutes, and just start to feel faint, shaky, and a little woozy. Sitting or laying down always made me feel better very quickly. At first I thought maybe it was...
  10. M

    THR MeowWoofMomma's Recovery Thread

    Thanks for the suggestion and the graphic. I'm about to take the kids out for their afternoon walk, so I'll give that a try. Although it's hard to walk slowly when you have two little 6 pounders that think they are sled dogs! :dogwalk: So true! That's my weakest muscle of all! I'll have to...
  11. M

    THR MeowWoofMomma's Recovery Thread

    This is my 7 week update. I'm feeling encouraged by the gradual improvement in function and pain. :) But I'm also feeling weary of the ongoing journey and the still long road ahead. Sometimes I feel like what am I doing wrong? Why am I not doing better by now? Should I be walking more, or...
  12. M

    THR JenaS62's Recovery

    Oh my gosh, that must have been very scary! So glad you survived without any serious damage. Hoping you'll feel better soon. :kittykiss:
  13. M

    THR MeowWoofMomma's Recovery Thread

    Thank you Layla. Your words are always so comforting :) Yesterday marked the end of my 5th week of recovery, and am happy to report that I am now walking my fur kids twice a day! I really look forward to getting out into the sunshine and seeing the local wildlife (rabbits, squirrels, crows, and...
  14. M

    THR Heterotopic ossification, not what I expected

    Hi, sorry you're having such pain. I agree with you that it would be helpful if people would follow through on their postings more, so we could see the outcomes. I guess the assumption is that if they were still having problems they would likely keep posting, so their issues probably resolved...
  15. M

    THR Update 9 months post op...

    Pickleball and a 10km hike at 3 months post-op :wow: Thanks for posting. That gives me something to aspire towards!
Back
Top Bottom