Recent content by Melticey

  1. M

    TKR Flexion concerns

    Celle, what you say above makes the most sense of anything I've heard or read so far. I wasn't able to fully bend my knee for years so I can imagine that affected the tendons and muscles. Would you have any suggestion of what kind of treater I should work with that could get those tendons...
  2. M

    TKR Flexion concerns

    No I had all those problems before the TKR. I was under the impression that once I had a new knee it would function exactly like my knee functioned years ago before the arthritis came along. But what I'm hearing now is that a new knee doesn't really change what your rom was right before the...
  3. M

    TKR Flexion concerns

    To add to the above note, regardless of the numbers I still have difficulty doing things, like getting in and out of a car, putting on pants unless I either sit down or bend over at the waist so that I barely have to lift my foot off the floor, stepping over something on the floor. Just little...
  4. M

    TKR Flexion concerns

    So I just got off the phone with the surgeon's PA because I'm still obsessing over my ROM. It has changed very little from the first couple weeks post surgery. She told me that if ROM is bad going into a knee replacement that they don't expect it to be much better coming out because scar...
  5. M

    TKR Flexion concerns

    Brian, thanks for all the good information. It's very helpful as I've nothing to compare this to. I tend to believe whatever medical people tell me and it's very disappointing when therapists put an artificial timeline on rom improvements. I have been stressing out and obsessing over my rom for...
  6. M

    TKR Flexion concerns

    That's what I was thinking as well. But it seems so unethical to outright lie to someone. The fear tactic is a great motivator for repeat business.
  7. M

    TKR Flexion concerns

    Hello, I have another question for all you bone smarters. The physical therapist is telling me that it's important I continue with PT because there massaging of the scar tissue is necessary to break that up and allow the joint to move freely. I'm just wondering what everyone's opinion is on...
  8. M

    TKR Flexion concerns

    Jellycats, I'm envious of you getting your extension to 0. I'm still working on that as well. My PT had it to 0 within the first 4 weeks or so post surgery but only by pushing down on my knee so hard I was nearly ready to slap her. I no longer have her and no one is pushing on my leg. I do...
  9. M

    TKR Flexion concerns

    I just want to thank you all so much for your replies and words of encouragement. It really helped get my mind into a better place. I guess I've been obsessing over the ROMs because of fearing scar tissue building up and forever locking my knee somewhere less than normal. I did read the article...
  10. M

    TKR Flexion concerns

    Hello everyone! I had a right tkr done April 26 so today is exactly the 8 week mark. I still can only get my flexion to about 108 degrees and that concerns me as it seems I've made none to very little progress over the past month or so. I do my exercises religiously and am walking about 30 min a...
  11. M

    Welcome to the April Rainbows' 2019 Knee Recovery Club

    Right total knee replacement April 26, 2019
Back
Top Bottom