Recent content by Megalodon

  1. M

    THR New to the forum surgery date 17th January LTHR

    You are very lucky to have had a great first 2 weeks. Mine was a haze of pain and dilaudid! You got off to a great start, so take it easy do you don’t join the ODIC like most of us have. And reach out to your surgeon to resolve your issues. @Megalodon
  2. M

    THR 3 weeks post op anterior hip replacement

    This recovery is difficult and it is almost impossible to pick the right level of activity. Just listen to your pain. It is your feedback from your body that you need to adjust your pace. I am at 10 weeks and still struggling to resist doing too much. Everybody is different so take it...
  3. M

    THR THR 4.5 weeks ago, swelling a problem

    Hi everyone, I am 10 weeks post-surgery and still have log leg. I have been very conservative with my activities and even slowed down more when the pain and swelling increase. I feel like I should be doing some exercises, but don’t want to make things worse. This recovery is almost...
  4. M

    THR THR 4.5 weeks ago, swelling a problem

    Hi everyone, I am about 9 weeks into the recovery. I was much better after the prednisone last week, but the swelling and pain started returning yesterday and is a lot worse today. I have been icing and taking it easy. I am concerned that I will need a cortisone shot this week. I am going to...
  5. M

    THR Ouch!

    Hi, You are having the same post-op experience I had. I am almost 9 weeks and the swelling is still causing problems. I have gone back to four sessions of ice daily. I also developed bursitis in the hip but prednisone resolved that quickly. Don’t be like me and stop icing when it feels...
  6. M

    THR THR 4.5 weeks ago, swelling a problem

    I just saw my doctor since I have regressed since I tweaked my hip about 10 days ago while taking a step up, good leg first and felt a pain in my log leg. Was not stepping up aggressively but it still hurt. Next 10 days my hip got worse and I had a bad limp. The doctor said it was...
  7. M

    THR THR 4.5 weeks ago, swelling a problem

    Hi everyone, I am now seven weeks post-op. At six weeks I was able to walk without the cane, which I think was causing me to walk unevenly. So the pain was better last Friday afternoon and I was walking almost normally. Went to visit my son on Saturday and was walking fine. Sunday did not do...
  8. M

    THR THR 4.5 weeks ago, swelling a problem

    I have a big foam wedge that I use nightly. It raises the legs about 8 inches. I also use it in my recliner to raise my legs. I need to do more icing, so will add that back to my treatment.
  9. M

    THR THR 4.5 weeks ago, swelling a problem

    Well I am at six weeks since RTHR with anterior approach. I have been listening to my body and doing as much walking as I can stand without having new pain the next day. i did do something I shouldn’t have. Went out with our Labradoodle and threw the frisbee four times for her to fetch...
  10. M

    THR Quad pain

    Law, I am with you 100%. The log leg and swelling have been a real problem for me. I am 5 weeks from an anterior THR. Megalodon
  11. M

    THR THR 4.5 weeks ago, swelling a problem

    Hi I am still trudging along. Swelling still there but ice and elevation are helping. I have compression socks for my lower leg but since almost all swelling is in the thigh, could I use a compression thigh sleeve? I went on a 5 or 10 minute walk outside since the weather was nice. Did...
  12. M

    THR THR 4.5 weeks ago, swelling a problem

    My surgeon is against PT at this time. I am getting pressure by my wife to get a second opinion and possible PT. From what I read on this forum, rest and moderate walking are best at the 5th week of recovery. Has anyone had early PT and benefited from it? @Megalodon
  13. M

    THR THR 4.5 weeks ago, swelling a problem

    Djklaugh, Thanks for the reply. I rested pretty much all day the day before and only walk about 5 minutes the next day. I will switch to some other shoes and see if it helps. I am not doing formal PT and I am not doing the 10 simple exercises I got from the hospital PT. Only do the ones that...
  14. M

    THR THR 4.5 weeks ago, swelling a problem

    Eman85 I have been avoiding the exercises the PT folks gave e and I only walk when it feels ok. Stop as soon as it gets uncomfortable. I will continue to elevate, ice and rest and not worry about exercises at this point. Thanks for your advice. I sure was not prepared for this by the...
  15. M

    THR THR 4.5 weeks ago, swelling a problem

    Hi all, I had a RTHR on January 3, over 4 weeks ago and i am having problems in my thigh. I know it is normal, but what is the best way to minimize it? I rested it yesterday with minimal walking with a cane but today it is swollen up like it was right after surgery. I have been elevating it...
Back
Top Bottom