Recent content by medlence

  1. M

    THR and 32 years old

    just came back from a 10mile bike ride that felt great and wanted to update the forum on progress... 9 months since op and apart from the piriformis troubling me couple of months ago hip feels as my own I walk as long as I want or need to, do sports without limitations or pain to all young...
  2. M

    THR and 32 years old

    Hi @Jaycey I haven't been doing anything different, maybe slightly longer walks but nothing out of the ordinary, nothing that can explain the increased pain or swelling. I went to see my physio this morning - she believes it is inflamed piriformis muscle that is putting pressure on the IT...
  3. M

    THR and 32 years old

    7 months post op on Friday and I have some issues so I hope you can help put my mind at rest Following the 2 months lift of restrictions I took it slow and progressed with exercise at a slow pace and things were great, no pain except for the occasional ache and muscle did build up...
  4. M

    THR and 32 years old

    2 months anniversary yesterday and life is good and pain free went swimming twice last week and it felt amazing, I used to swim 3-4 days a week even when the hip issues started but it was somewhat painful in the pool, not anymore I had trouble free swim with absolutely no pain also no...
  5. M

    THR and 32 years old

    7 Weeks post op today Went to see the surgeon today and all restrictions have been lifted, I can slowly return to ALL normal activities I was doing before the hip issues - the only advice I was given is to go slow and test before jumping fully into any of the activities so I make sure my body...
  6. M

    THR and 32 years old

    @BMsea I have Ceramic on Ceramic, was advised by the surgeon of small risks of squeaking and brittle but as you can read here on the forum these are just instances of potentially a lot older models of ceramics than they are putting now so I have decided to go for it. I would say choose the...
  7. M

    THR and 32 years old

    @NewHip2017 and @Jaycey thanks, I have rested the last 3 days and lastnight the swelling was much better although not completely gone yet. I am back to my normal activity levels and all I can feel is the swelling like a tennis ball whenever I walk but I am back to no pain at all. I have...
  8. M

    THR and 32 years old

    Today is 5 weeks since op... On Wednesday I was more active at home walking without the sticks and than went out for a walk (with the sticks) in the afternoon and I think I have overdone it, as at the end of the day I was swollen at the incision and it was very painful to walk and sleep. 2...
  9. M

    THR and 32 years old

    also it is my 4 weeks anniversary today - I can't believe how fast time flies i think i still have some swelling on the lateral side at hip height as my thigh and bum on the operated side are a little bit bigger than on the other one - other than that feels almost 100% normal with occasional...
  10. M

    THR and 32 years old

    @sharonslp - after the op surgeon came in and he did mention that with my age I will want to do more but he suggested to take it easy and be cautious about the dislocation risks until I see him at 6 weeks post op... so he wasn't very precise and I didn't ask as I was thinking it will be painful...
  11. M

    THR and 32 years old

    yes @Cas I guess needing hip replacement at this age was unusual so my recovery had to be out of the ordinary as well... I did listen to the advice of everyone here on the forum and I am taking it more conservatively than I began with but each day I feel like I can do so much more... I was in...
  12. M

    THR and 32 years old

    Just an update, I have managed full days at work Monday and Tuesday with no issues at all. Monday was more active day so I walked around the office without sticks for the first half of the day and after lunch I used them until the end of the day just in case I over do it. Today I did half...
  13. M

    THR 1st day after surgery

    welcome to BS @NewHip2017 you have found the right place for all your questions and support I am similar age to you and had my right hip replaced about 3 weeks ago and I can assure you every day will feel better than the one before. you can see my thread for detailed info on the first 2 weeks...
  14. M

    THR and 32 years old

    when have people gone back to work? is it too early to go back part time in the 4th week? I have a desk job and can setup the desk and chair so I don't break the 90 degree rule, but interested to know what other hippies experience has been as to energy levels ? thanks
Back
Top Bottom