Recent content by meddian

  1. M

    Welcome to the December Supernovas' 2020 Knee Recovery Club

    I was scheduled for tkr 11/18/20, canceled, due to MRSA (nose):gaah:, took cream for 5 days then tested negative, rescheduled for 11/25/20, positive for covid,:hairpulling: retested 17 days later 3 neg covid tests had surgery 12/30/20:wow::sleeep: doing good:fingersx: just going to pt 2 times...
  2. M

    Welcome to the December Supernovas' 2020 Knee Recovery Club

    December 30, TKR, post op on 01/14, no staples just glue and tape
  3. M

    TKR Knee replacement in 4days

    @Debonair1961 My RTKR is 11/25/20. I understand how you are feeling. I was scheduled for 11/18/20 but they did a mrsa nose swab and it was positive! Yikes:gaah: I have had 6 surgeries on my tibia/fibia and I am so excited to do the RTKR so they will straighten my leg and hopefully (please...
  4. M

    Knee Infection* My L T K R Diary 2020

    I went home the same day I received my PIC line for staph infection and my washout (tibia debridement). A nurse came over once a week to clean the PICC line entry point but my daughter/myself injected the medicine ( 4 vials). It was simple. The medicine and supplies were also delivered once a...
  5. M

    Knee Infection* Preventing TKR incision wound from opening and infection

    I totally agree with Jaycey/Pumpkin...contacting an infectious disease (ID) doctor ASAP. My Right (3rd) tibia incision did the same thing and I had to do a wash/debridement. I had a Staph infection. I received a PIC line w/ strong antibiotics for 3 month then for 2 months oral antibiotics. This...
  6. M

    TKR TKR needed after Tibia Plateau repair?

    Yes, for me its 2 more surgeries. My new OS plans on removing (2 plates, 12 screws) in my (R) leg in September 2020 --next --after I heal, the OS will complete my TKR for my right knee. My OS will complete my TKR after the TPF HW is removed. I pray it goes well with the valgus correction and...
Back
Top Bottom