ConforMIS
Lounge Doctor

TKR Knee replacement in 4days

Debonair1961

Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi my TKR on my left knee is in 4days time feeling very nervous and anxious have not been sleeping well keep waking in the night and have nightmares about the procedure. I also keep having tremors inside which I have never experienced before and my appetite has gone is this normal to feel this way.

Jaycey

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Administrator
Country
All normal - pre-op nerves. We have all been in this space and it's not fun!
I also keep having tremors inside which I have never experienced before
What do you mean by "tremors"? Can you clarify?

The best advice I can offer is keep coming here and posting. It does help to ease the nerves. There are many members going through the same feeling as they prepare for their big day.

OP
OP
D

Debonair1961

Country
Hi Jaycey
its hard to explain it feels like you are shaking but inside I think it’s nerves getting the better of me but when it happened the other day it woke me up
I hope this explains it

Jaycey

FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Administrator
Country
@Debonair1961 Yup, sounds like nerves. Just know that it is all normal. I was a wreak before both my THRs. But somehow on the day all was calm. Once you get to the hospital staff will do everything they can to help you stay calm. Just tell everyone you meet that you are anxious. Ask for something to help you calm down if you need it.

Bikeknit

Country
United States United States
Of course you are frightened. I kept second guessing everything. My choice of surgeon, hospital, which knee to do first ... I wonder if you could talk with your surgeon's office and possibly get something for anxiety or insomnia to help you in the next few days. You, of course want to clear all medications with them ahead of the surgery. My surgeon's office asked about anxiety as it is not unusual before such a major surgery.

Take care, many of us have been there.

kneeper

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
Nervousness is totally normal. I tried to keep my mind on other things--easier said than done! I will say that I found all the hospital folks on the day of my surgery so professional and reassuring it really helped.

meddian

Country
@Debonair1961 My RTKR is 11/25/20. I understand how you are feeling. I was scheduled for 11/18/20 but they did a mrsa nose swab and it was positive! Yikes:gaah: I have had 6 surgeries on my tibia/fibia and I am so excited to do the RTKR so they will straighten my leg and hopefully (please please) walk again! I had cleared all mrsa tests-bone and knee fluid when they removed my hardware. So I was in shock. I will pray for you and you are going to do great. I am nervous too-its so scary of all of the unknowns. Everyone says you can do this-but I too am still so anxious. I can't wait-just to be able to walk again normally. My 84 mom is doing hers in December. I am getting a spinal and general anesthesia. I am taking murpirocin for 5 days to get rid of the mrsa :yes!: I wish you a good surgery and I am sorry your not sleeping.

OP
OP
D

Debonair1961

Country
Thank you everyone it’s a little more reassuring that my feelings are normal had my COVID test today boy that was horrid plus some more blood tests which was also nasty as I don’t give up my blood easy well they got it after 4 attempts only left me with blue arms all’s well for Monday wish everyone all the best too
regards debonair1961

Sara61

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
Portugal Portugal
@Debonair1961 :wave:Good luck for your surgery tomorrow, relax and take a deep breath, you will be fine, I was a total wreck days prior to my surgery, but went ahead with it and " yeah" I'm so glad I did, like you, I was lucky to find Bone smart just before, so you are aware of the recovery, the first few weeks are the worst but if really does get better, I'm now 1 year post surgery, it was a rollercoaster at times, but so, so worth it, so much so, I'm now on a waiting list to get my second knee done in 2021. :friends:

Cococay

Country
Wishing you a good night sleep and hope for a smooth surgery!! It’s nice they do surgery on weekends- yours is the first I’ve known to be. I will be watching for updates to see how it went.

OP
OP
D

Debonair1961

Country
@Debonair1961 :wave:Good luck for your surgery tomorrow, relax and take a deep breath, you will be fine, I was a total wreck days prior to my surgery, but went ahead with it and " yeah" I'm so glad I did, like you, I was lucky to find Bone smart just before, so you are aware of the recovery, the first few weeks are the worst but if really does get better, I'm now 1 year post surgery, it was a rollercoaster at times, but so, so worth it, so much so, I'm now on a waiting list to get my second knee done in 2021. :friends:
Thank you for you post feeling really nervous today only a few hours to go so lovely to hear your progress and success x

New

Active Antibacterial

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Kelly Brown
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom