Recent content by mdyou

  1. mdyou

    TKR Four weeks today.

    Iunula, take charge of your recovery and you will succeed. Learn as much as you can so you have an idea when your recovery seems to stall. These hiccups happen to everyone. Trust your doctor and physical therapist. Ask their advice and do the exercises. You're very young - you should do better...
  2. mdyou

    TKR Four weeks today.

    Hi Clipless, I love Simi. And it is a gorgeous day in Ventura County - wind is supposed to subside and we're going to get close to 90º on Thanksgiving. Then I hope we get some rain. Lake Casitas is a mudhole! So yes, the same surgeon, Dr. Tom Golden, CMH in Ventura. I must have talked to 20...
  3. mdyou

    TKR Four weeks today.

    Note to the moderators: I apologize for starting another thread, but for some reason I wasn't allowed to post to the old thread. It has been quite awhile. Last week marked my 10 and 20 week anniversaries for my tkr's, and my final visit to the surgeon. He said that there was really no reason to...
  4. mdyou

    TKR Four weeks today.

    My feeling exactly pdx. Some people here seem to get quite energized about this topic. Pain is such an individual thing, and often a mystery. There are so many instances where a person is obviously in pain, but no cause can be found. It's reasonable to think that the opposite is also true - a...
  5. mdyou

    TKR Four weeks post-op for RTKR

    I have a friend who had both knees done about a year apart, with my same doctor. He was prescribed Norco (10mg vicodin and 325mg acetaminophen, and he lost a lot of weight very quickly. The doc switched him to something else, I don't know what, but he quickly regained he appetite and weight.
  6. mdyou

    TKR Four weeks today.

    I don't know what to tell you, Josephine. This unit is a 3.8 liter (1 gallon) Coleman cooler. I am freezing six 6 ounce plastic cups of water, placing them in the cooler and filling it with water. It feels cool for 15 minutes at which time I recirculate and re-chill. I can keep the same batch...
  7. mdyou

    TKR Four weeks today.

    Thanks Kneeper. I'm using the Cryo Cuff, and although I think it is a an effective and economical solution, it only feels cool for 15 minutes or so. I often shake it up and reapply, but I like to give it a few more minutes to chill. I had a good day today. I was out for 5 hours, shopped at...
  8. mdyou

    TKR Four weeks today.

    As promised, here's a photograph from today. 8-1-14. Swelling is not bad for 40 days. You can see how bad the osteoporosis is in the left knee. The right one was unambiguously worse, believe it or not. With a little luck, we'll do the left knee sometime in September.
  9. mdyou

    TKR Four weeks today.

    Hi Josephine, While I greatly appreciate your concerns and opinions, I need to remind you that it's never too late to learn something new. I may yet learn that I'm doing something inappropriate with this recovery. But I am following my surgeon's instructions and those of my PTs. Both my home PT...
  10. mdyou

    TKR Four weeks today.

    TKR four week report Other than signing up with Bonesmart in the first place, I haven't made any posts, but this one will make up for it, because it will be pretty lengthy. The truth is that things have been progressing so well that I didn't want to jinx myself. It's not all perfect news, but...
  11. mdyou

    LTKR on July 29, 2014 for me :)

    Hi Gr8, we have some things in common. I am in California, but I grew up in Kokomo. I too have two bad knees, getting the right one replaced one week from today, 7/2 at Community Memorial Hospital in Ventura, Dr. Thomas Golden is the surgeon. Like you, the plan is to give it a few months and and...
  12. mdyou

    TKR icing alternative

    Does anyone have experience with the IPACC, iceless cold therapy machine from Maldonado Medical. (they only have offices in Phoenix and Santa Monica.) This is a machine that circulates water in a range of 49º-105ºF, and also features pneumatic compression if necessary. They say it's insurance...
  13. mdyou

    2014 July Sparklers - Are you having knee surgery in July?

    Right knee, TKR, July 2. Left knee, hopefully, sometime in September.
Back
Top Bottom