Recent content by maui

  1. maui

    PKR Slow, steady recovery....challenging gains in ROM

    2-3 times a day for about 20 minutes/session. I try and hold deep stretches rather than count the number of slides. If i do not have adhesions....what is causing the tight feeling?....something other than swelling?
  2. maui

    PKR Slow, steady recovery....challenging gains in ROM

    Yes...wall slides....I'm doing them laying on the floor....is that easier on the knee?. I have felt for so long that they are helping increase the stretch.
  3. maui

    PKR Slow, steady recovery....challenging gains in ROM

    Thanks Josephine, If it's not adhesions or swelling..why won't my leg bend? I think i do have scar tissue because I've heard it pop several times. 1. I am a 1 on the pain scale. Zero most days. 2. 7.5 mg of meloxicam...but weening it off 3. Rarely but doctor says i am not swollen anymore 4...
  4. maui

    PKR Slow, steady recovery....challenging gains in ROM

    Hello....just wanted the valued opinion of those that have tred the path before me....... I am 21 weeks post op RPKR. This whole thing has been a huge ROM struggle for me. However, I have continually made progress and am currently at 110 degrees and 120 with a push. All along my OS has told...
  5. maui

    PKR Slow, steady recovery....challenging gains in ROM

    Hello. I haven't posted in awhile. I am now 14 weeks post op. Did not end up needing an MUA (as of yet) because my ROM keeps improving. I was measured last week at 104° by my PT. My healing is just so slow. Can anyone relate or speak to the reasons that I feel a rubber band feeling in my...
  6. maui

    PKR Slow, steady recovery....challenging gains in ROM

    @kneeper...how long did it start warm...do you remember?
  7. maui

    PKR Slow, steady recovery....challenging gains in ROM

    Can anyone relate with me.....? Here's my situation. I am 10.5 weeks post op and my ROM is just under 90. That "tight band" feeling that I had at about 8 weeks is slowly diminishing because I think my swelling is going down. However I'm still so swollen. Like I said in my last post, the...
  8. maui

    PKR Slow, steady recovery....challenging gains in ROM

    @Wrangler...thanks for asking. How are you doing after your MUA? I'm hanging in there. Just hit my ten week post op...ROM still low..between 86 and 88. I go through weeks where it improves and weeks where it doesn't. (I did make it all the way around on the recumbant bike) I really do...
  9. maui

    TKR A new chapter begins - 16 Dec 2014

    @lunula...I've never read a post that is so close to how my recovery is going. I'm sorry you are having such a tough time. I am sailing your seas with you. I'm 10 weeks out today. Last Friday my ROM was 86. I'm continuing to get better .....remember the little victories. For me it's...
  10. maui

    PKR Slow, steady recovery....challenging gains in ROM

    Saw my OS today. No MUA right now because I am continuing to make progress. Just need to go from the current 80° to 90° in a couple weeks. Those of you that pray...Please include me.... Thanks so much for all of your support.
  11. maui

    MUA Limited ROM - CRPS

    You must feel a huge sense of relief. You're over the hump. I am thrilled for you. We had our surgeries the same day. I am also having a slow ROM recovery. I'm at 80°.....see my OS tomorrow.... Good luck with your recovery :-)
  12. maui

    PKR Slow, steady recovery....challenging gains in ROM

    Yes....I've read those....and I've read everything on the internet. I guess now I just need some real life experiences from you guys. Thank you.
  13. maui

    PKR Slow, steady recovery....challenging gains in ROM

    Just going to about 2oclock and 8oclock....using it to stretch.
  14. maui

    PKR Slow, steady recovery....challenging gains in ROM

    Thank you all for your stories. I realize that everyone heals differently...however, I'm goin to ask for specifics:) First, my details currently... 1) I'm 6 weeks and 2 days post RPKR 2) ROM: 65 flexion 0 extension 3) Still swollen (however OS says it's not that swollen) If I don't wear...
  15. maui

    PKR Slow, steady recovery....challenging gains in ROM

    Thank you all for your advice, suggestions, and words of encouragement. As I said before, I have an apt with my OS on January 15th. He told me that if my ROM is not @ 80° by that point he would like to do an. MUA. Has anyone reading this every had this same recommendation but decided to not...
Back
Top Bottom