12 weeks ..was able to play tennis so all is going well. New issue with sleeping...I can only fall asleep on my side with pillow between legs and I flip sides several times per night. But starting last week I wake up with a sharp pain in my inner thigh/ ground area. It goes away and when I am...
11 weeks since left hip replacement and almost back to normal. Still doing PT 18 sessions complete probably 2 more left. Therapist also working on my right hip which was replaced in January. Right leg is very strong but not flexible while left leg is weaker but more flexible. Lower back is...
8 weeks and xrays at surgeons visit were good...no more restrictions! Can sleep on side and cross my legs. Still a little stiff but well on way to full recovery.
I do think I would need more PT. Whole my 1st hip was done in Jan, my current therapist was surprised at my lack of range of motion I had on my 1st hip, so he began working on it in addition to 2nd hip.
Don't think insurance is going to approve anymore. Wondering about going to massage or...
6 weeks and all is well. No more cane! My 12th PT session is next week but that's the last one my insurance covers. Therapist is requesting more so will see. Last replacement (Iin Jan)I did 17 PT sessions. This round was not near as intense excercises and I feel I need more to be full...
Yes 1st two weeks are the worst ...it will get better. I had both hips but 7 months apart so not as intense as yours. Sleeping is the most difficult but again 1st 2 weeks are difficult. At 3 was and now 4 was I am sleeping much better. Hang in there!!!!
4 weeks today. Progress is good..sleeping pretty good without aid of drugs. Still using cane but transitioning to walking without. Driving to PT now on my own. Able to go to grocery.
PT twice a week. This has been different than PT on 1st hip. Different therapist does much more message and...
2 weeks since lhr. Transition to cane from walker. Still use walker for getting into bed and bathroom. Will do longer walks with cane over weekend. Skipped Valium one night fell asleep okay but woke up more during night so back on it. Only 8 pills left ...but I don't want to be dependant on...
Great progress. My left hip replaced in Jan and I was able to start back to tennis...only doubles..in 12 weeks. Was able to play 3 times a week up until my right hip replaced 1 weeks ago. Feels like I am progressing faster this time. Yes life changing. Good luck
Sleep day 11. Still taking Valium before bed and can fall right asleep. But when I get up to go to bathroom legs is in pain and can't get comfortable in bed so I have been going to recliner for rest if night and getting a restful sleep.
Is there any issues with sleeping half night in recliner...
Congrats on surgury. Had my 2nd hip replaced 9 days ago. 1st and 2nd nights are the worse but it will get better. Yes leg lifter is crucial for getting in bed. Nights are the worse so hope you are able to sleep. I am only taking Tylenol and asprin...didnt like oxygen for my first hip but for...
Yes 3 months was good for me too on right hip replacement. I too got a half inch taller on right side not really a problem was able to play tennis 3 times a week.
But I needed left hip replaced also and got it done last week. Still too ea3lrly to tell if I am even still using a walker.
Glad to hear you don't have an infection hope it gives you peace of mind. My first hip sleeping was so hard like you say mind takes over I felt on inch everywhere. I only took one oxy and it didnt take pain away just .ade .e feel weird , so just took Tylenol. ...got better after a few weeks...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.