Recent content by MaryCat

  1. MaryCat

    TKR Two weeks post op

    What you’re feeling is totally normal. I had mine at the beginning of the year. Dr office doesn’t tell you really how long it will take. Do what you can to keep the swelling down and don’t worry about the PT. I did anything to keep my mind occupied- music, audio books, sleep stories, studying...
  2. MaryCat

    TKR 6-7 month appointment coming up

    @Smilechild we had our TKRs about the same time. I’m a little frustrated too that healing is taking longer. On my feet all day, lots of steps, and a few hours in start to lose my ROM and knee stiffens. Also a bit warm to touch. In the meantime just trying to do what works for the knee and...
  3. MaryCat

    Bilateral PKR PKR or TKR in California

    @CaFireman - I had my RTKR in Jan at Kerlan Jobe Institute in Santa Monica. They are part of Cedars Sinai but my procedure was done at St Johns Hospital- outpatient, Mako robot. If SD and OC orthos don’t work out for you I’d give them a look. My doc was Jeffrey Zarin. Good luck!
  4. MaryCat

    TKR Over exercising 21 weeks post TKR

    I thought I’d be back to full activities sooner too. My TKR was 3 weeks before yours and I still have to ice every day after work. More stiffness and loss of range for me. Still working only 3 days a week but doing low impact workouts on my off time (bike, mat, pool) and that’s helping. Also...
  5. MaryCat

    TKR Adg11 Recovery Journey

    adg11– We have a few things in common for our recovery. We have two kitties and they insisted on helping me. And they scratched me a couple of times while I was recovering. I think you did all the right things tho, should be fine. They did help me sleep tho during the day. If I stared at...
  6. MaryCat

    TKR 4 years post tka and now pain and swelling

    Jerrycat- this sounds really frustrating. Does it respond to elevating and icing? Maybe that could help. Or avoiding walking, gardening, and driving for a week?minimal weight bearing activities for a bit. I’m not a Dr but have rehabbed a few injuries. Hopefully, with this post 2 weeks ago...
  7. MaryCat

    TKR Adventuress' Recovery

    Wow I’m really glad I checked in and found this thread. It was definitely a struggle to get back to outdoor adventures and sports but month four was a lot better! Still cautious about some activities but went away for the holiday and was able to move about and do things so that it was day 3...
  8. MaryCat

    TKR Dr says trust the knee? How when it's unstable and gives out?

    Lots of good advice here. I managed an upright bike with zero resistance but had to just rock the pedals for awhile, then circle my legs backward for a couple weeks before I was able to do a complete rotation forward. I also felt better when I made it to the pool- walking and stretching and...
  9. MaryCat

    TKR 3 weeks in with little progress

    I don’t think you can control when the swelling goes away. I was worried when I went for my 2 month checkup with the ortho. He said it would really improve in month 3 and it did. I had to back off of any weight bearing exercises for longer than expected and do range of motion and gentle...
  10. MaryCat

    MUA Coming up for 12 months and still not so great. Anybody else?

    Good plan. I had the same situation. Same place for a couple of weeks and it I worked my knee it would swell and stiffen more. I’m at 16 weeks and a few weeks back the swelling went down and that made a big difference. Stay patient- I struggled with that. Aqua phys therapy helped me but time...
  11. MaryCat

    TKR GlideFloss TKR Report - from Dec 06 '21 on

    Hope you’re feeling better!
  12. MaryCat

    TKR MaryCat’s Recovery Journey

    Update 13 weeks- finally feeling like myself again. Am able to go more than half the day doing things as long as I’m not standing the whole time. Off the celebrex, taking maybe one dose a day of ibuprofen. No longer carrying my ice packs w me unless I’m gone all day. Still icing 30 min or...
  13. MaryCat

    TKR Right tkr

    My surgery was Jan 10 still have issues with going down stairs. Feels awkward but my knee is ok after. Been working on it with my PT past few weeks (low box step exercise that uses the surgery leg for support going up and down). So far just doing a couple of flights ok but haven’t pushed it
  14. MaryCat

    TKR Flexdixon88’s Recovery Thread

    @flexdixon88 hopefully you’re feeling a little better now.
  15. MaryCat

    TKR GlideFloss TKR Report - from Dec 06 '21 on

    @glidefloss thanks for the update. Your recovery is inspiring-best of luck with left TKR
Back
Top Bottom