Recent content by Marvin L

  1. M

    THR 30 days and still recovering <

    It’s a half shoe lift n I put it in tennis shoes. I’m thinking maybe I overdid it. The place I went is affiliated with the surgeons office. I think I’m going to a podiatrist next week n do this right. I’m having ankle pain , as well as both legs hurting and low back pain. I’m working today...
  2. M

    THR 30 days and still recovering <

    Well, it’s about 14 weeks, my shoulder is better. My biggest concern now, is I have about a quarter inch leg discrepancy and I think this is causing my non operated ankle to hurt. Ankle has been bothering me for about 10 weeks. I got a lift, it goes in half of the shoe, I put it in my tennis...
  3. M

    THR 30 days and still recovering <

    Well, what a long road it’s been. Shoulder is getting better, Thank God! I still have some pain in the hip area n on thigh. Pain moves around. My question is, Will I be having different pains for a while? Or is this the way it is? I mean it’s not that bad but it does still hurt , I’m...
  4. M

    THR 30 days and still recovering <

    Yes, the massage did help, full hour 2 times a week. Done 4 sessions n a lot better. Was assessed for shoulder PT today. Geez, doing water for hip Thur the 2x per week for shoulder. Hip has been hurting a bit lately, right on the side at hip. What muscle is that? I’m almost 14 weeks out, do...
  5. M

    THR 30 days and still recovering <

    Thank you Layla, you have been very kind, I appreciate everybody on here and pray for positive outcomes for all of you. My hip is pretty good, just have to figure out my shoulder pain. It’s my shoulder blade and shoulder that are in spasm. Don’t understand why but I know in my heart, it will...
  6. M

    THR 30 days and still recovering <

    Well, over 3 months, what a ride it’s been. Hip is doing well, Thank God, every day is a blessing. Getting my lift fitted tomorrow, hope that helps even things out. Hurt my scapula from sleeping on my side, go figure, treating it w steroid pack n start PT for that next week. Found a great...
  7. M

    Revision THR 55 male cyclist 2019 October Revision THR

    I can relate, I’ve been doing PT n going to the gym n my hip is doing good but somehow I hurt my shoulder. The scapula, shoulder blade is aching, hurts more than the hip did. So I understand the sitting around, the restlessness, one thing I learned from the hip is this to shall pass. So...
  8. M

    THR 30 days and still recovering <

    I went to dr, the muscle in the scapula, shoulder blade is acting up, he prescribed a steroid pack, and went n had a massage. I found a great one, she gave me a Medical massage, she said my shoulder blade sticks out a little. N my operated side the shoulder is taller n I’m twisted a little...
  9. M

    THR 30 days and still recovering <

    Surgeon suggested it. It’s about a quarter to half inch off, not much. I have a bigger problem now, I slept on my side 2 nites ago, for only 2 hours and I hurt my back, where the shoulder blade is n shoulder, it’s more painful than the hip ever was. I’m so bummed, mad I tried to sleep on my...
  10. M

    THR Tarajeane has a new hip

    I’m in the same boat, ROM is not that good, can barely tie shoes, about 2 inches away from socks. Remain patient, it will come.
  11. M

    THR 30 days and still recovering <

    My pool PT went well, after I explained how sore I was , she did range of motion w massage, and showed me some easier things I can do on my own. I had a new therapist and she was sympathetic and sweet. I’m going to get my new lift, as my operated leg is a little shorter. My non operated...
  12. M

    THR 30 days and still recovering <

    I’m still sore, knee hurts today, that’s new, ankle still hurts. I’m mad that I did all those exercises during PT. The worse one was sitting on a chair w rollers n rolling myself w my feet back and forth about 50 feet. My shins hurt after n I think that’s what hurt my knee. I’m thinking why...
  13. M

    THR 30 days and still recovering <

    Thank you guys, I bought new shoes yesterday. Happy Labor Day.
  14. M

    THR 30 days and still recovering <

    Also is the leg discrepancy causing my ankle to hurt? I thought it was from my new gait.
  15. M

    THR 30 days and still recovering <

    I agree with you all, I get conflicting directions from therapist, they think I have to build strength, especially on butt muscles. But I’m still sore, quads, butt, the side by incision and ankle hurt. I have 2 more pool sessions, think I will do them, those I like, and the shut the PT down...
Back
Top Bottom