Recent content by MartialKnees

  1. MartialKnees

    Revision TKR Totally recovered at last!

    I'm sorry your progress has regressed... and also that I wasn't clear with my example. My overall point is I was focused on those things and not on the fact at least so far..... that I'm blessed with my progress. I hope you enjoyed your wine and get a great night sleep. :)
  2. MartialKnees

    Revision TKR Totally recovered at last!

    I'm almost 3 months now from BTKR and recovery can be frustrating. I kept thinking WHY is my extension only 3 degrees? WHY is my flexion only 114 degrees? WHY are my knees still stiff and tight?? Then one day at therapy a lady 20 years younger than me was on the bike. Only one knee done. She...
  3. MartialKnees

    TKR Recovery the Clipless Way

    I know it's not.... But why at day 6 does that seem light years away in progress??? Lol Good for you guys!
  4. MartialKnees

    Bilateral TKR My recovery thread :)

    That's pretty much what I'm doing but adding in flexion slides... Since they aren't using CPM anymore. :)
  5. MartialKnees

    TKR Recovery the Clipless Way

    I'm on the exact same teeter toter! Lol I think everyone has been surprised. After 3 days in the hospital I came straight home. I just felt I could control more here. Cleanliness, Rate of rehab etc and both my girl and her daughter are an amazing support mechanism. She refuses to sleep in...
  6. MartialKnees

    TKR Recovery the Clipless Way

    Thank you so much for sharing all this Clipless! Here I am day 5 post op BTKR worrying about stiffness. LOL Its just nice to read about others having the same or similar symptoms. I just need to keep reading and go slowly. If it weren't for the fine folks here I'd be freaking out every...
  7. MartialKnees

    Bilateral TKR My recovery thread :)

    Oh yes. I'm day 4/5.....
  8. MartialKnees

    Bilateral TKR My recovery thread :)

    Overactive day! Ugh. I didn't push hard or anything like that and although the PAIN only went up one number the stiffness is crazy! From what I understand these nights will happen. I need some advice so I don't go down the wrong path. When you "did less" what did that mean for you the next...
  9. MartialKnees

    Bilateral TKR My recovery thread :)

    I felt like a 100year old man but every one was commenting on how great I was doing.
  10. MartialKnees

    Bilateral TKR My recovery thread :)

    Thanks everyone. Despite the swelling the PT was able to get me to pretty decent flexion and extention numbers. I was not letting them push it too hard. So far icing and elevating seem to be doing best... Along with the occasional short stroll with the Walker. :)
  11. MartialKnees

    Bilateral TKR My recovery thread :)

    Sorry it's starting a little late.... Monday at 7am I was taken back for my BTKR. Final decision from the OS was of course the Zimmer persona high flex knee. He excised the PCL and topped it all off by resurfacing the patella with a button. After discussing with the anesthesiologist we...
  12. MartialKnees

    Cleared for surgery today

    Best of luck! You'll do great.
  13. MartialKnees

    Sports and TKR

    Absolutely. I've already discussed this with my master. Based on what I read it can be nearly a year before healing and strengthening is 100%. I will not return until then. It took me 7 years to reach my black belt test...and it is next Tuesday knee pain and all. Waiting a year will not be that...
  14. MartialKnees

    Feeling scared

    Its normal to be apprehensive. My surgery is in 3 weeks. Some days I'm like YES! Bring it on! Other days the "what if's" flow through my mind. I battle the fears by learning....preparing...and getting my body and mind in the best place I can before my surgery. Best of luck to you!
  15. MartialKnees

    Sports and TKR

    You are my new hero! Skiing 100 times a year after replacements and I'm worried about some kata's with light kicking??? LOL Awesome. :)
Back
Top Bottom