Recent content by mariustpz

  1. M

    THR Few questions about hip replacement

    Yes, well, it seemed strange to me as well that it was recommended for a simple cleaning. The reason would be that if the gums bleed, you could have an infection in the bloodstream. The thing is, my gums bleed every time I brush my teeth (that's why I want to clean them), so there wouldn't be...
  2. M

    THR Few questions about hip replacement

    I sent a message to the doctor's office, and they responded today, they said that from their point of view, I don't need to take antibiotics. At the dentist, they said that if my gums bleed, I should take them two days before dental work. I don't even know what to do, but i would go with my OS...
  3. M

    THR Few questions about hip replacement

    Hello again, I have a quick question for those who have had this type of intervention. I want to go to the dentist to have a scaling done, and I understand that I need to take antibiotics beforehand, considering that I have a hip prosthesis?
  4. M

    THR Few questions about hip replacement

    Hello, Small update. I feel good, i didn't had any problems with my hip, i walk normally and with no pain, my hip feels like the left one, no difference. I really can't belive that with a artificial hip i feel so good. Thank you all for helping me with advices, and i hope everyone is good!
  5. M

    THR Few questions about hip replacement

    Well, i do want to see my OS but everytime i went to the hospital i had that emotions of "what if". Even if i know that are very small chances that my hip is damaged somehow, but is that feeling... you know... that's why i'm asking here, and i'm grateful i found this forum because reading all...
  6. M

    THR Few questions about hip replacement

    Thank you all for your messages! Indeed is doing the job, i don't have problems walking, i can even run if i want to, i can move it in any direction without problems. This summer I cycled quite often for distances of 20-30km. Now that winter has come I haven't been out so much, I've been...
  7. M

    THR Few questions about hip replacement

    Hello again, I have a curiosity and I want to ask you all with hip replacements. Did you had any disconfort after 1 year? Today i had a small pain, like 0.5 /10 when walked. I had it for like 5 minutes then has gone and didn't come back. And simetimes i get a small knee pain like i said, but...
  8. M

    THR Few questions about hip replacement

    Thank you! @Newhip_Pol
  9. M

    THR Few questions about hip replacement

    Hello, On 10th this month just made a year from my surgery. All good until now. I still have a small knee pain sometimes that goes away if i move my leg a little (like a cramp), but i guess is normal (?). Also, I see that my muscles are still recovering, if i make an activity that puts my...
  10. M

    THR Few questions about hip replacement

    Heloo again, Short question, can i do crunches after hip replacement? I need to loose some belly fat and i don't know if i can do this exercise. I mean, i can do it without problem but it will affect my hip in any way?
  11. M

    THR Few questions about hip replacement

    Hello, 4 months and two weeks since my surgery now. I'm feeling great, i can't even tell i have a hip replaced, except i feel a clicking sound when i hold my hand on my surgery, i don't feel it when i walk and it doesn't disturb me in any way, only if i put my hand and press on my surgery and...
  12. M

    THR Few questions about hip replacement

    Hello everyone, I have a question, how long after my surgery I will be able to put my socks on by myself? I'm feeling great, I walk normally, I can even run but when I try to put my socks on I can't lift my right leg to my chest. Is this normal? Has anyone experienced this?
  13. M

    THR Few questions about hip replacement

    Thank you. Yes, everything is back to normal for now. I have a very tight muscle pain around the surgery, like 0.2/10 on a scale level and only when i press around it. I think is because I slept on surgery side. But everything is going well, walking normal without cane.
  14. M

    THR Few questions about hip replacement

    Giddsy1 i really hope to last that long. Yes is great how well we are after just 7 weeks, i guess it depends from person to person. .
  15. M

    THR Few questions about hip replacement

    Thank you all for your advices. I'm taking it slowly, i know i need to be carefoul. I don't have a cane because i walk like before, the doctor told me that i can also run slowly if i want. He's a very permissive doctor i see, but it's one of the best in our country, even stars & athletes come...
Back
Top Bottom