Recent content by mannbub

  1. M

    TKR Roller coaster recovery of Jas

    @luvcats Ya my sneakers are pretty new. Didn’t feel like dishing another $140/$150 on sneakers buy I guess I need to to see if that will help with my foot issues. I was taking curcumin supplement before surgery but ended up with a big bruise on my arm as my blood became too thin after taking...
  2. M

    TKR Roller coaster recovery of Jas

    @Jockette Actually I wear sneakers at my job. Couple of months before surgery I had bought a brand new pair of Asics so I thought my shoes should be ok. But seems like I should try some other brand like Hoka or Brooks. I am sure my gait has changed. @Jamie I do these stretches twice a day and...
  3. M

    TKR Roller coaster recovery of Jas

    @Jockette Do you mind telling me what brand you wear or type of shoes you wear. I never walk barefoot even in my house. I always have something on. I do the calf stretches twice a day. Strange thing is that I never had issues with my foot before my knee replacement. It’s the surgical leg. I...
  4. M

    TKR Roller coaster recovery of Jas

    @Jockette Yes that’s what I am worried about. Unwanted side affects of it. Any suggestions as to what can help me with calf discomfort and heel/foot pain.
  5. M

    TKR Roller coaster recovery of Jas

    Hi guys I am 3 months post op as of today. My knee is good. Issue is the pain in my calf and my heel/foot pain in the same leg. I am released to go back to work part time for the next four weeks(requires lot of walking) and I am nervous due to the pain I am having especially in my heel. My Ortho...
  6. M

    TKR Pam’s TKR PO journey

    @Shewolf38 You should definitely listen to Jamie. The exercises your PT is making you do are damaging your new knee rather than benefiting you. I have been silently following the forums advice and it helps with keeping the swelling and pain down.
  7. M

    TKR Roller coaster recovery of Jas

    @Celle I hope what you are saying is true. I hope it resolves. I am really concerned.
  8. M

    TKR Roller coaster recovery of Jas

    I went to see a podiatrist today and he told me I have a heel spur at the bottom of my heel and a heel spur at the back of my heel. He told me that it’s easier to treat the spur at the bottom with a steroid shot but for the one at the back of my heel all I can do is Ice, do stretching exercises...
  9. M

    TKR luvcats recovery box

    Sending you best wishes
  10. M

    TKR Roller coaster recovery of Jas

    luvcats, sistersinhim, ElanorG, marieltha, kneeper, Thanks guys for all your suggestions. I will find a podiatrist first thing tomorrow morning and make an appointment. I am really disheartened with all this pain I am dealing with. Hoping and praying that this resolves
  11. M

    TKR Roller coaster recovery of Jas

    I need a little advice. I have posted about this before. I have been doing calf stretches. Been icing and elevating but I continue to have really bad heel pain to the point where I am having a hard time putting my weight on it and even walking to the bathroom. Also I continue to have calf pain...
  12. M

    TKR Roller coaster recovery of Jas

    @kneeper Thanks!! I will try this and see if it helps.
  13. M

    TKR Roller coaster recovery of Jas

    @kneeper Is it the one where you put your hands against the wall and bend your good knee and keep your bad knee/leg straight? Is there any other stretch?
  14. M

    TKR Roller coaster recovery of Jas

    @sistersinhim Ya it’s not hot or red. It is sore or tight muscles.
Back
Top Bottom