Recent content by Maisie8

  1. M

    TKR Patience really is a virtue….

    I‘m so pleased that I’ve been following this thread. I haven’t been on here for a while because everything was going well and I was just getting on with life. However, the last few days my knee has been feeling increasingly stiff, sore and uncomfortable with lots of the dreaded zingers making a...
  2. M

    TKR Patience really is a virtue….

    Hi @Loulou67 I know exactly what you mean. I had my right knee replacement 5 days before yours and it’s been very up and down. I too have had a few episodes of new pain and stiffness and of feeling like I’ve regressed and come to a brick wall in the healing and recovery process. It can be...
  3. M

    TKR 14 weeks post op - feel like I’m going backwards

    It’s been a couple of weeks since posting as I feel I’ve had a lot going on. The toothache persisted for two and a half weeks and despite 3 visits to the dentist, he couldn’t see what was wrong but was able to reassure me that there wasn’t any signs of infection. Anyway, with a special...
  4. M

    THR Nanny’s recovery

    @Nannyh70 Glad to hear that your in the process of getting sorted. I am in exactly the same position. Had a TKR 14 weeks ago, terrible toothache since Thursday. Was hoping it would go away but didn’t so by Friday I was panicking about the weekend coming up and the obvious worry of an infection...
  5. M

    TKR 14 weeks post op - feel like I’m going backwards

    Well I’m very happy to say that I feel like I’m back on the recovery road again. I went back to basics for a couple of weeks after my recent setback…plenty of rest, elevation, ice and some very very gentle stretching exercises and things are settling down again. My knee feels a whole lot...
  6. M

    TKR 14 weeks post op - feel like I’m going backwards

    @selketine thank you. We now have three beautiful little granddaughter’s and to be honest they were one of my main inspirations in getting my knees sorted out.
  7. M

    TKR I'm Going to Be 100% Honest About This

    I’m really sorry your going through such a difficult time right now. It is indeed very painful. Please be assured that in time it will pass and you will improve and get better. I felt exactly the same as you and was so upset that I’d ‘allowed’ somebody to do this to me. 15 weeks in and I...
  8. M

    TKR 14 weeks post op - feel like I’m going backwards

    Thank you @sistersinhim and @MSuki … I’m happy to report that although my knee doesn’t feel as good as it did a few weeks ago, it feels better than it did a few days ago. Hopefully, I’ve turned the corner and can now continue with my recovery
  9. M

    TKR Two years out from October 2023 TKR

    @Dmcfad2 How nice and encouraging to see somebody doing so well. Fantastic progress. Well done !!
  10. M

    TKR Two years out from October 2023 TKR

    Hi @Loulou67 I didn’t realise the iPhone health app had a facility to measure your walking steadiness… that’s really interesting. I’m going to have a look at that, could be really useful. I can see that we both had our TKR’s just a few days apart from each other.
  11. M

    TKR 14 weeks post op - feel like I’m going backwards

    Thank you all for your replies of support and suggestions. It hasn’t been the easiest of weeks. I’ve just returned home after several days away looking after my two young grandchildren whilst their mum was in hospital having a third :sos: so I didn’t get to rest and elevate it as much as I...
  12. M

    TKR 14 weeks post op - feel like I’m going backwards

    @mendogal and @MSuki thats a really good point about the shoes and it doesn’t help that I’ve got a fallen arch of my foot on the right side either. I have had some insoles made to counteract the imbalance of the fallen arch but they take some getting used to and most of this time I don’t know...
  13. M

    TKR 14 weeks post op - feel like I’m going backwards

    Hi @selketine thank you for your reply. Your knock knee’d story sounds similar to an elderly friend I have. She was in her 80’s when she had her knee replaced and had a similar deformity as you mentioned to contend with. That was a year ago and she’s doing so well now and walking upright and...
  14. M

    TKR 14 weeks post op - feel like I’m going backwards

    Hi. I think what has taken me by surprise is exactly what you have said …. That I thought I was past the time for setbacks … I’ve a feeling this could take a while to improve as I have to go away tomorrow to look after 2 young grandchildren whilst their mum goes into hospital for a couple of...
  15. M

    TKR 14 weeks post op - feel like I’m going backwards

    Thank you. I‘m putting myself back to early stage recovery which is plenty of rest and elevation and some ice. I’m doing a few very gentle stretching exercises just to keep it from seizing up completely.
Back
Top Bottom