Recent content by MagsE66

  1. MagsE66

    THR Still in pain

    Hi Alice I’m so sorry to read all your threads about your constant pain after your hip replacement. Ive come back to this site to see if I can find anyone with the nerve pain I am still suffering 18 months on since my hip replacement op & your posts are the only ones I can find. Yes I have...
  2. MagsE66

    THR Surgery done early!

    Hello Bone Smart friends It’s 12 weeks post op tomorrow and I’m laid on the bed crying. The tightness & tingling in my knee is as bad as ever. It’s like a constant noise in my brain bringing me down & making me feel very depressed. Nothing I do makes it feel easier. I do not have a single...
  3. MagsE66

    THR Surgery done early!

    Thank you Layla & CricketHip for your support & guidance. I am having a go at the deep breathing & the light strokes. I had never heard of MLD so it been good to read up about this. I am still icing & elevating. I’m still in constant agony though & today I have a tightness through my operated...
  4. MagsE66

    THR Surgery done early!

    Thank you Layla for acknowledging my two month anniversary! Wow. Seems like a long journey! Thanks also Sohowarrior for your message too! I'm now 9 weeks post op & unbelievably still suffering with my knee. My surgeon dismissed it saying it would settle by 12 weeks. I was so low last week I...
  5. MagsE66

    THR Surgery done early!

    Good morning Had a good 6 week appointment with my surgeon this week who is pleased with my progress. All good news. He dismissed my knee tingles/fuzzy feeling as one of those things that will eventually go! He said all hip restrictions were now removed! Which is bitter- sweet. My body is...
  6. MagsE66

    THR Surgery done early!

    A big thank you to all of you who replied to my last post. You will never know how much your kind words of wisdom have really helped me & made such a difference to me. Just to know that what I’m feeling & experiencing is ‘normal’ at this stage of recovery is such a relief & comfort. Every day...
  7. MagsE66

    THR Surgery done early!

    Hello friends Here I am again 5 weeks post op & having a seriously ‘blue’ day. I feel like I’ve taken 5 steps backwards over the last two days. Today my knee is so sore & tingly it's hindering my walking. I have no idea how to improve the discomfort in my knee. Nothing helps- ice/ no exercise/...
  8. MagsE66

    THR Surgery done early!

    Hello there thank you for your message. Progress is happening - definitely slow & steady. I’m learning to be patient! My swollen knee has subsided but my knee itself is still quite painful. I really think it was seriously ‘man- handled’ during the operation as it’s sore & looks out of line...
  9. MagsE66

    THR Surgery done early!

    Thank you so much for all your help, advice & support. It is all very reassuring. I am feeling much brighter. Worries about DVT have gone & I'm managing the pain in my heels. I have just one further question though about my knee. My knee is swollen & painful (same side as my hip replacement)...
  10. MagsE66

    THR Surgery done early!

    Hello there Thanks for checking in. Probably an appropriate time as I’m now at day 17 & struggling . I’ve been home since 18th March & coping. But that’s all it feels like im doing. Just coping. Im stiff & sore & today my leg feels particularly sore & swollen which has put my head in a spin...
  11. MagsE66

    THR Surgery done early!

    Just looking for advice & support I’m only on day 9 post op but today I am so sore & stiff I don’t know what on earth I did yesterday? should I rest & ice or try and keep having a walk? how on earth will it ever stop being so stiff? Feel like I’ve been run over by a bus too. Is this all...
  12. MagsE66

    THR Surgery done early!

    Thank you CricketHip Just a reply has brightened my day - just knowing there’s someone out there. It’s lonely in the night! X
  13. MagsE66

    Depression/post-op blues - open for all

    I’m laid in my hospital bed only 5 days in feeling “blue” so it’s good to know you’re out there at the moment. The long desire to be pain free had not prepared me for how I’m feeling now & im not even home! Long journey ahead but feel better now I’ve checked in with you guys at 4am in the...
  14. MagsE66

    THR Surgery done early!

    My surgery was brought forward from 29th to 14th March I am currently on day 5 of recovery Low blood pressure & now a leaky wound are delaying me going home! Can anyone offer words of advice/ comfort to help me through at the moment! Thank you
  15. MagsE66

    THR Covid

    Will my op get cancelled if my partner tests positive for covid? Has this happened to anyone?
Back
Top Bottom