Recent content by Mags113

  1. Mags113

    Bilateral TKR Surgery Sept 22.......

    @PuppyLove - it is funny how the aches and pains are always changing and I always seem to be achy at night. I am hoping it goes away. I know what you mean about being depressed. I went through a couple hard weeks where it seemed like all I did was sit and ice. I know that is what you are...
  2. Mags113

    Bilateral TKR Surgery Sept 22.......

    Hi everyone, I am now seven weeks post op and am doing well. I went to the OS last week and he was very pleased with my progress. My ROM is about t 125 in both legs. I think I have finally turned a corner and am able to do more. I am catching my self going up and down the steps...
  3. Mags113

    Bilateral TKR Surgery Sept 22.......

    Hello everyone......still working with my PT two days a week and doing my exercises at home. I am noticing new things that I can do everyday.....like getting up from a low chair without a struggle. My knees are still achy if I stand on them too long, like when I am in the kitchen getting my...
  4. Mags113

    Bilateral TKR Surgery Sept 22.......

    @PuppyLove ....I had some calf pain early on and it did go away. I know what you mean about short trips. I have only been out a few times other than PT and each time I came back exhausted. I did ask.My PT about my thigh pain and he also thinks it is.most likely from my...
  5. Mags113

    Bilateral TKR Surgery Sept 22.......

    Hi everyone! I am doing fine just having a lot of pain in my thighs. I think it might be from going up and down steps and getting out of chairs......none of them seem high thousand when I go to stand up my thighs kill me. Any ideas on how to get past this. I have iced my thighs it just...
  6. Mags113

    Bilateral TKR Surgery Sept 22.......

    Thanks Everyone, it is exactly 21 days since surgery and it is really hard not to overdo it. I over did it on Saturday and paid for it on Sunday. Today I did a few things but mostly sat in the recliner and iced. I am so tired of just sitting and icing. I did get to the PT todAy and...
  7. Mags113

    Bilateral TKR Surgery Sept 22.......

    Hi, I finally made it home today and it feels great to be home. I over did it a bit and am paying for it now. I am icing right now trying to get control of the pain. Overall besides today I am doing well. I saw the OS this week and he was more than happy with my progress. I am off the...
  8. Mags113

    Bilateral TKR Surgery Sept 22.......

    Hello everyone! Still hanging in there and moving forward! My left knee tends to bother me more than my right which is funny to me since my left knee was always the better one. My left knee is just a bit more stiff and I don't get as much flexation on it. I am just gently as stretching...
  9. Mags113

    Bilateral TKR Surgery Sept 22.......

    @PuppyLove Car rides have been fine, but they have been fifteen minutes or less. I did go out today with my daughter and walk a round a store she wanted to go to for about fifteen minutes....that was it! All I could do. I couldn't wait get in the car and get home. I came home had a pain...
  10. Mags113

    Bilateral TKR Surgery Sept 22.......

    Hi everyone, I am 12 days out now and am feeling very antsy. I think I am going to be staying with my daughter for another week or so. I am moving around well and going up the stairs occasionally, just not enough to feel comfortable going home. I Have very little swelling. My thighs are...
  11. Mags113

    Bilateral TKR Surgery Sept 22.......

    I don't know. My dr has me on lyrical 3xaday , mobic once a day and then of course the Percocet. 7.5 I have been taking two before bed . Last night I did not put ice on before bed-my knees really are not swollen much. I hAve never had a problem with that. I also did not use the...
  12. Mags113

    Bilateral TKR Surgery Sept 22.......

    Hi again.....I feel like I am doing well. Still spending most of my time on the recliner. Last night was the first time I slept all night. From 10-7. Boy did that feel good. I went to PT yesterday and my leg extentions are where the should be and my Rom in right leg is 105 and left...
  13. Mags113

    Bilateral TKR Surgery Sept 22.......

    Hi everyone! Still a little loopy from pain med. I think I am doing well considering. I am at my daughter's all on one floor. I am able to get in and out on the tub to shower. A lot of the swelling has gone down....the purple and bruising is going away. I can get dressed on my...
  14. Mags113

    Bilateral TKR Surgery Sept 22.......

    Hi everyone... I am 4days post btkr and am getting ready to go out for my first day of pt. So far I think I am doing well as long as I Stay on top of my pain meds. I do know that I would have had a hard time at home by myself . @Josephine can you change thereof thead to postoperative.
  15. Mags113

    Bilateral TKR Surgery Sept 22.......

    Well surgery was yesterday morning and I am feeling great. I was able to do all of my pt and walk up and down steps...I got up to the floor about 1:00 and about 4:00 took about a 200 foot walk. The pain is not horrible. I am just trying to stay on schedule with the pain meds. My knees are...
Back
Top Bottom